annabellafonte v monument

annabellafonte
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am starting a new claim against Monument. I had won against Halifax (well, waiting on money now :) ).

Anyway, my monument account was closed about last year but since then I have moved house so do I need to state this in my SAR letter to them; maybe at the end of the letter? Also, is this the address i should send it too:

Peter Townshend DPC

Data Protection

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU or

Emma Hayward-Smith

Customer Relations

Monument

Portland Building

25 High Street

Crawley

West Sussex

RH10 1BG???

Thanks in advance for your help.

I always use the Crawley address and the fact that you have moved may be a stalling tactic. However this doesn't stop them doing a search on your credit file which they will with or without your permission to prove your identity. I've reported them to the information commissioner regarding this.

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

:rolleyes:

Thanks Mike for your message. and I do understand about how my change of address will be used as a stalling tactic, however, I do have my account number for that and I have stated it in my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) so I should be still on their system :) Sending it off today recorded delivery :)

I took Monument to court after winning with the Halifax. I had all my statements so I didnt need to send a SAR or request statements.

Anyway, Monument ignored all my letters, I never heard a thing from them. The first thing I got was their defence to my court claim. I filled in my AQ and then a week before we were due in court they sent me a letter saying that it wasnt cost affective and was only for a small amount blah blah blah but they wanted to pay up and wanted me to sign for confidentiality. I sent the letter back and put just above my signature that I didnt agree to the confidentiality clause but would accept their payment.

I rang up on the Friday (was due in court the Monday after) as I wanted to check my balance. I rang Monument but had to speak to an adivsor. I asked for my balance and the money had been taken off my card. All £500 of it!! The advisor then had the cheek to say that I should make a payment, I said "What, you have just had a £500 payment from where I was taking you to court and won" then put the phone down. Childish but fun :wink:

Hi annabellafonte

I an also "doing" Monument. If you see my thread Lady H V Monument you will see that I am having problems with them in relation to a CCA request. Am still waiting for my statements from them and am not expecting an easy ride with them. Suspect a lot of fees involved not to mention the PPI payments made over 7 years. I am determined not to give up though and will be watching your thread with interest.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Mrs H

hi paula, i have heard that monument isnt an easy ride so am not expecting much help from them. my account is closed with them and my address has changed so its probably going to be hell for me and they will make it hell. I sent off the SAR to monument a couple of weeks ago and have no response at all, but am just sticking my time limits and not theres! i've recently won my case against halifax so its given me more motivation to do this one :)