NW_Red V Natwest

NW_RED
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right here goes, I have asked for and been supplier with my statements and have worked out that I need to claim £1418.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Can I put the £10 Data Protection Charge on the inital schedule of charges or do I have to wait until I take them to court?

2. I have changed the description on the right of the spreadsheet to read the same as the description of the charge on my bank statement, I am asuming that is ok. (i.e. Unpaid DD charge to Unpaid Item)

3. If I have had charges partially refunded am I ok to claim the difference (2 charge of 38 they refunded me £50 so am I ok to claim the difference of £26) and should I add a note to schedule explaining this?

4. The initial letter talks about claiming for overdraft interest, this has confused me as in the guide to Natwest Charges (The sticky one in the forum) it talks about what you can and can't claim. it doesn't mention over draft interest. Can I claim the interest thay have taken when I have been overdrawn or just the charges? If I add the interest in that putmy claim up considerably

I am so nervous but, hey here goes..........

Hi Red and good luck!

Question 1 - I don't think anybody claims this fee back as although an 'expense' it is not an unfair/disproportionate bank charge which is what you are claiming back.

Question 2 - yes, this is perfectly acceptable - you just put the description from your own statements as appropriate.

Question 3 - not sure about this one

Question 4 - again, not sure, maybe one of the more experienced members will help you on this one. I personally didn't claim for any unauthorised overdraft interest as it seemed to make it too confusing.

• Haha 1
;) Mupster

Question 3: You can claim the difference. One way of showing is to add a line to your schedule of charges like this:

Partial settlement received on [date] £50

And subtract this from the total.

Q.4 Overdraft interest - if you have mentioned it on your initial letter and you've all the interest rates available you can claim this, although there is some discussion about the best way to word the claim. Have a look in the General forum for the latest on the subject.

• Haha 1

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Cheers guys, the only reason I ask about the £10 data protection fee is becasue in the standard data protection letter template says something along the lines of "the standard £10 is enclosed but if I find charges against my account with are incorrect I will be claiming this fee back." I just wondered if there was a standard time to claim it.

I think I will leave the interest and just go for the charges.

Thanks for the advice.

Letter in the post tomorrow.

It usually does.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Deller is right, you have to be prepared for it to go that far although of course you may be lucky and they settle yours early - but don't worry, the step-by-step instructions have advice for likely outcomes at each and every stage.

;) Mupster

They certainly do seem to be settling a lot quicker these days, think they may have finally realised that the longer they leave it the more it's costing them.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

just to answer mupster, it does seem to be the case. Really busy last night and Red you will be fine, follow the advice here and it will be all over within a short period of time.

• 3 weeks later...

Right well my two week deadline passed last Friday, Gave them until Yesterday to respond but there was nothing in the post last night so I guess it is time for my LBA.

The question I have is with judges now striking Defense out is there any wording I can put in my LBA to highlight this to Natwest to try and persuade them into paying up? If so what kind of wording should I use, I am not very good with making it sound professional.

Can't believe it, they have only gone and paid out!!!! 1418quid all I have to do is send in a form.

Does anybody know how thei is normally paid???? By cheque or into my bank????

They have put a paragraph in the letter which I have a question about tomorrow but that's all for now :D :D :D

Donation will be on it's way very soon!!!!

Now could be the time to take on MBNA!

Congratulations!!!!

:D :D :D

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Right here is my question.......

The letter from Natwest that makes the offer contains the following paragraph:

"Any charges that properly accrue in the future will be applied to your account in line with our published tariff and in accordance with your agreement with the bank. SHould you be unwilling to accept such charges, then we may need to consider if we are prepared to continue to provide you with existing banking facilities. Instead we may offer you a simple bank account that does not offer borrowing facilities or other services which can result in a charge."

I have had another charge against my account which having spoken to the bank they are unwilling to refund because of my claim.

Does anybody know the full position on this? I am happy to start the process again to claim back subsequent charges but do not want myaccount closed (Although I do have a parachute account open). it is just paying off the over draft that will cause a problem.

What is the FSO's position on this. I have had a scan through the forum but have been unable to find anything to help.

NW RED,

My advice is change your bank and claim for your charges. they show you no respect. Do the same to them . They are bullying you into their terms and conditionsangry-smiley-030.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Gosh well done NW!! That was a quickie:) Congratulations!

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

My friend had the same letter Red and had over £200 of charges applied whilst he was reclaiming - he's reclaiming the extra £200 back now via the same process from scratch.He's got another bank account now mereley because of the type of service he recieved after he recieved his refund.

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums