Snow_man Vs Barclays Bank

Snow_man
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

This is my first post on the forum so ide like to say a big hello to all the people at the Consumer Action Group. :)

I sent off the initial letter to Barclays requesting to refund my charges. Ime owed about £3000 without intrest. I sent the letter recorded post and give them 14 days to refund the money.

I have not yet heard from them, and there time is up next Wednesday. So I suppose the next step is to file a claim. I was going to go through MoneyClaim. Is the this a sensible option? Also is there any other advice i should be aware of when taking on the banking giant.

I must also mention that my claim is for an estimated amount. I did not have all statments, so i filled out this form:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/12_12_06_bank_estimated.pdf

I was unaware this site exsited before i sent the letter off and maybe should of done my research a tad better, and Requested all my statments.

Thankyou Hugely for any advice

Snow_man

Sorry - I should of said first you NEED to get your statements so you can work out exactly how much they owe you - again good template in the library

Tori

Okey doke, As it happens ive sent An LBA with my estimate of bank charges. So next week when there 14 days are up, if they havn'y replied (Which they probably wont) Ile request for them to send me out staments for the last six years. Should i then send in another LBA to let them know the exact amount they owe me and give them another 14 Days?

Thanks for the help

Snow man,

It would have been better to get the true amount you are owed. I will suggest that you request your statements from the bank because when you take court action, the bank may come up with various complexity in court to try to strike out your case.

To save yourself the trouble later, make a Data Protection Act 1998 request using the first letter in the templates:

Letter Templates

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

When you receive the statement or list of account transactions, you can then compile all the charges on your spreadsheet. When you have your spreadsheet ready, the bank will know that they cannot fob you off.

You will also need a copy of the spreadsheet for the court. It is a good idea for the court to see how you arrived at the amount you are claiming. Otherwise, when the bank request the court to strike out your case for lacking details, the court may grant it and you may have to start all over again. By then you would have lost your court cost.

Better late than loss more money.

Good luck