dancingjohn vs shAbbey - MCOL - next steps - advice please?!

dancingjohn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've finally filed my Moneyclaim today (21st Feb) after receiving a very friendly letter

telling me that Abbey have looked into my complaint, but that, er, they "appreciate my feelings on this matter but are satisfied the charges are legal etc" and that they are not obliged to provide the information asked for. Quel surprise!

My MCOL cost £120 but was hopefully be worth every penny. I'm owed well over £2k by these profit-hungry idiots.

Can anyone advise me as to the likely timescale of things to come. I know Abbey have a reputation of spinning things out as long as possible.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP EVERYONE

It really depends on your local court and how their workload is. It'll take at least 28 days for abbey to file their defence, then there's the AQ and a court date etc so it could take another 4-6 months realistically.

Sorry to disappoint but it's worth it in the end, however long it takes.

Thanks Sam - I'll stick with it no matter how long it takes it's just

good to get a rough idea of the likely timescale. There's a stack of great people on this site and I will be donating as soon as I get my money back.

MANY THANKS TO ALL CONTRIBUTORS :p

I don't think it will take 4-6 months but its likely that you will be contacted round about mid March 14-15 by Abbey solicitor in Milton Keynes to state all further contacts should be addressed to them.

From there on I estimate that it may take them another 15-20 days to think about their appalling behaviour before coming back to say they will settle your claim. Of course I am speaking from my experience as your claim is much higher than mine so anticipate that it could take bit longer.

I have won against Abbey, now bring on Barclaycard.