M.o.t.

ole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good grief - thats gone up a bit since the £35 I paid 6 months ago!!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Hi Mr Shed

You can get a cheaper mot,but tbh what you save in a fee on the mot ,you might find is added onto inflated prices on a repair.

Best bet ,imao, is to go to your local council run depot and pay the £50.35.

They are not affiliated to any garage, so have no need to fail you on things that are maybe boarderline or not in need of repair.

I took my car for its mot on tuesday to local council run depot and expected it to fail on 2 tyres.

The reason I expected it to fail ?

I was told by a mechanic at a local garage that the tyres were worn beyond legal limit

Guess what ?

It passed and I asked the guy at the mot centre if they were boarderline and he reckoned I had approx 13000 miles left in them.

HTH

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

Maybe true but the standard test fee was definitely not over £50 six months ago....

And I thought that garages now were legally obliged to charge the full MOT fee regardless?

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

In NI we have a much fairer system run by the DVLNI. All they do is test your car and pass or fail it. No "repairs"

Stuart

If I have helped then please click on my scales.

Ulster bank

---------------------------------------------------

05/10/06 DPR letter sent

06/11/06 Request of repayment sent £1186.06

20/11/06 Repayment deadline

21/11/06 LBA sent

25/11/06 £90 goodwill gesture letter received

06/12/06 LBA deadline

09/12/06 Received final response to claim

I will register smallclaim in new year once Jan paycheque is in.

I have just had an mot done and it cost £35! And i got a free re-test. I foned around after my usual garage told me they wanted £50.35 and that they dont do free re-tests anymore as they HAVE to do another full mot and they get charged for it. This is all lies!!!!!! and because of this they will no longer get any more business from me. Thereshope is right in saying that some garages will charge less for the test but find more things wrong or charge more to fix it, however i think that garages being greedy over the price of the test are more likely to rip you off on repairs etc. Another point to bear in mind is that you dont have to have it fixed at the same garage that does the test. beware though because taking it away from the test center ALLOWS them to charge for a re-test (Note ALLOWS, not requires) so check first. The advantage is you can get a second opinion on the work being carried out as there is a complaints procedure in place if you think you car has been unfairly failed. (Or passed!)