• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

red71 v Barclays Please help!***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest ian cognito

if your using the one from the templates library you just have to insert the date, the description of the charge and the amount, it will then work out the days and interest at 8% for you.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it for future reference - it is an offer and as such will need to form part of the court bundle, together with your response

If you think my advice has been helpful, please click on the scales to the left :) thank you!

Non illegitimi carborundum

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum!

How can you be grumpy,

when the sun shines out yer bum?! :p

Amex * 2 *** WON *** Settled

Marbles ****WON*** In full settlement

Capital 1 ***WON*** In full settlement

MBNA ***WON**** In full settlement

Barclaycard ***WON*** In full settlement

Barclays Bank - ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mrs Chorlton) ***WON*** In full settlement

Abbey (Mr and Mrs C) - MCOL submitted 16/5/07

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help, I am about to fill in the MCOL and it ask for claimant name, as the bank account is in joint names do I just put my partners name on MCOL as he is named first on account, although it's me doing all the work and I will be the one going to court (hopefully it won't get that far) and we both signed the letters to Barclays can anyone let me know

If it is in joint names, then enter both names on the claim

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

Can anyone let me know what to say on Part OF Claim on MCOL, do I put what is on the template on this site or not. Also whats the easiest way of doing it, MCOL or N1 form from Court.

Thanks, my heads hurting from just trying to read all info on the site:???: :???:

Can anyone help, on the template It says 'The Claimant' do I use that wording or put 'We the claimants' (it's joint account). May sound silly question but I want to make sure I do it write.

Can anyone please help re: MCOL, on the Claim Amounts section is the amount claimed including the 8% interest or not and do I fill in the solicitors costs??????? I really want to push that SUBMIT button just checked dates and Barclays have not responded within 14 days

Thanks

Red:confused: :confused:

HI just been reading FAQ's and that before sending MCOL the banks should have received a schedule of charges at least TWICE during preparatory correspondence. I have only sent this once with the LBA declining their offer but acc part payment. How do I rectify this? They have not replied to the LBA. Could anyone please reply to my previous threads re: MCOL and amounts i.e solicitors costs?

Thanks it would be really appreciated:confused:

Hi red

Send them a letter saying you are disapointed at their faliure to respond positivley to you previous letter etc etc, i have enclosed another copy of the schedule of charges blah blah blah and here is a link to the section of the site that features non-compliance letters.... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

here is a link to the step by step instructions, it tells you what to do if they fail comply at each stage... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Hope that helps, Good luck

To follow my claim against barclays Msa V Barclays Bank 2 days till court

Thanks for that msa, I understand about the letter of dissapointment, not sure why I need the non-compliance letters, Should I just send the letter of dissap with the schedule again then they have it twice? And do I set another timescale or just send MCOL after I sent the letter

If you could reply it is appreciated

Thaks

Red71

I am panicking now, I hope I hav'nt messed up. Is there a template for the letter of disappointment just I typed one up it's not very long, do I give them anymore time or is it just a way to send them the 2nd schedule. If you get time to respond today I would be very grateful unfortunately I will have to check tonight finish work at 8 (worst luck).Do I add 8% int to claim amount online, sorry if I asked you this before but I posted a few threads. I noticed on printing my schedule out that the interest is obviously increasing daily on spreadsheet do I send the updated amount.

Thanks AGAIN

Red71

Hi LivelyLad, received statements after requesting from branch(not DPA letter) then sent Request for Repayment of charges letter, received 'looking into it' letter from bank, then got offer of £1K. Sent letter on 18th Jan declining but accepting as part payment along with schedule of charges, heard nothing from them,was just about to send MCOL when I read on FAQ's that should have sent 2 lots of schedules to bank which I am panicking about as only sent once. Received reply from MSAWlikejustice, to send letter of disappointment to bank with schedule???Is there a template or is it just a short letter. Hope this all makes sense as I really need advice on this.

Thanks

Red

yes it does.

when you file your claim with MCOL send an updated copy of your spreadsheet to MCOL and one to barclays including the 8%.

wait till you get your confirmation letter through the post from MCOL before you send them.send both MCOL and barclays a covering letter with each schedule explaining that you have sent a copy to the other party.

hope that makes sense.

Hi thanks for that. So is that supposed to be the third schedule I would have sent to bank, as I have only sent one. Not heard from them re: letter declining settlement offer but accepting as part payment sent on 18th Jan!.

Hi, i read step-by-step instructions and if I read it correctly it tells you to send schedule once and again to bank & mcol after receiving letter from MCOL, is this right, or do I need to send the letter of disappointment with schedule like you advised also do I give them more time with the letter???? Please let me know then I can sort it, I just want to make sure I'm getting it right! Sorry to keep asking

THANKS

red

Hi Chorlton1 hope you are still on site at moment , just wondering if you coulr reply to some of my last threads re: only sending of 1 schedule of charges. Do I send the disappoitment letter with charges with no further time scale or do I just carry on with MCOL. Barclays have NOT replied to rejection letter. I think I might just continue with MCOL as time is getting on??? I would be grateful of a reply I'm getting worried now I hav'nt done this right.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wondering if anyone can help, I think I may have sent the wrong amount on the letters and spreadsheets to barclays and am just about to submit MCOL, If after checking again I find I have, should I put the correct amount on MCOL, will this go against me????????

Thanks

Red71

wondering if someone can help, I think I may have sent spreadsheets etc to bank with wrong amount on,maybe £100 over, even though they have still charged me fees that I have not included in spreadsheets If I have after checking again do I put the correct amount on MCOL and will this go against me could someone please reply

Thanks

Red71