kimmy v a+l mortgage unpaid direct debit charges

kippy2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have been written a prelim + LBA to try and recover unpaid direct charges on our mortgage which amount to in excess of 1,000. today ive had a letter saying that these charges only apply to a current account and not mortgage. Surely it doesnt cost 27.50 each time to send me a letter for failed direct debit. what do peeps think issue a court claim now. I am not recovering any ERC just charges.

hope someone can help. thanks kimmy

Hi Kimmy,

Two charges claims have been lost in court and there is a danger that they may invoke the indemnity clause in the mortgage to recover legal costs. Having said that one was lost on the grounds that 15.00 was deemed reasonable and the other on the ground that the claimant had not proved his case.

Alliance and Leicester had been paying out pretty promptly before all the problems errupted and have not sought to rely on indemnity clauses. But there is a chance that they have seen the actions of other lenders and may decide to change tactics.

Ultimately it is up to you as to whether you want to continue.

All the best

Zoot