pinkduchess v HSBC

pinkduchess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update: well I know the courts are snowed under but feels like Ive waiting forever for judges directions so gave them another call today.

Was told my case needed to be referred back to the judge following my allocation fee payment. I paid this on 18 May!!! Why wasnt it referred back then? I asked - 'it must have been missed'. :mad: She has assured me it will be sent back to him today, there is only one judge dealing with bank claims (hope hes as nice as nooey's judge) & I'll most likely get listed on the same day as many others. well thats nearly a month wasted. grrrr

I have just realised I have lasped on my nudging - last one sent 21 days ago!! will get another one off today.

Hi Pinkdutchess

just popping into your thread to give support. Keep at them!

You have a valid claim but banks are now using delaying tactics. They know they are at fault so what do they do? employ delaying tactics to hang on to all our monies while it earns them even more in interest on the international markets.

They are using the 8 weeks allowed by the FSA for provision of the Subject Data Access Requests SDAR or SAR and applying it to the letters requesting repayment of the actual penalty and default charges applied to your account. This now means a 16 week delay in action and then a further delay before the monies are paid back and yes they get a 16 week plus interest on what they owe us while they continue with the unrelenting and illegal penalty and default charges and accompanied with the ususal threats of account closure and overdraft withdrawal.

I have been with my bank since 1974. I used to get a monthly friendly call from a customer service advisor offering to help with overdrafts, loans, etc etc Since I sent the letter asking for some money back the calls, by magic have dried up!! and fine too as they usually called at dinner time.

It all accounted to pressure sales when a person is vulnerable and believe me they know when you are vulnerable.

fight the good fight

al

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

thanks al

just feels like my claim had stagnated & actually it seems it due to an error at the court.

hopefully bump started it again today

I dont feel vunerable but I agree they do prey on those who are.

thanks for your support :-)

what a shame pd............ hoep tio gets sorted soon....... I asked for draft dirs at the begining of the week. but hey have been returned. as theya re snowed under... andit sonyl 5 weeks till DG have to submit thier stuff to the court anyway...........

you are almost there............I think we should take a leaf out of freaky's book:p

rockin all over the world

PD, do not despair! you're not the only one who the courts seem to have forgotten about! I've just had a directions hearing set for the end of August, some 7 months after I sent my first request for repayment letter back. No doubt the Judge will issue directions and set a court date some time in early 2008! I'll be looking at a 1 year claim! Must be a record!!! Knowing I'm not alone at this stage makes me feel slightly less depressed though!!!

10 weeks till anything happens.........................

a "so very bored"

r-t-v

25/01/07 Statements collected online

27/01/07 Prelim sent

09/02/07 Thank you letter received (and duly ignored)

12/02/07 LBA on its way

27/02/07 MCOL filed

26/03/07 Defence entered

02/04/07 Notice of transfer paperwork received

10/04/07 Lattie's hastner sent

19/04/07 AQ arrived (never mind lattie!)

20/04/07 Last Chance letter sent to DG, AQ filled out.

08/05/07 AQ returned to courts, cc'd to DG

11/06/07 Request for the defence to be struck out sent after not hearing from the court for 5 long weeks.

14/06/07 Directions hearing set for the end of August. 10 long weeks away.

14/06/07 rob-the-viking waits yet longer......

23/08/07 DG apply for a stay, instantly granted by judge.

29/08/07 The waiting begins again, 7 months since prelim was sent.

"If you kick a Tiger in the ass, you'd better have a plan to deal with it's teeth!!"

hi guys, i have my own thread set up but not getting no replies of help.

I was in the same boat as you all at one point, had notice of issue from MCOL 14th May, defendant had till 2nd June. I had no defence set against it, and didn't know where to go after this, so issued the notice of judgement. Hoping at this stage i would get a positive response from HSBC, i sent a nice enough letter stating that if i had heard nothing in 7 days i would have no option but to issue the warrent.

I have been waiting to see if any one else had been in this position for guidence, but i have trouble finding anything that has gone to this stage.

Sorry to butt in, but just after some friendly advice before i shoot myself in the foot!

auburn & rob - thanks for your comments. I'm not really despairing - its just dragging abit now (and unneccessarily) - maybe my fault for not chasing them sooner. oh well a lesson learned - will keep on top of them from now on. excuse the expression :rolleyes:

silky - good luck

I like girls on top.... but thats another thing .. :p

Keep badgering the court PD, very politly but every three or four days just to check whats going on, half inclined to say do a draft directions letter but I think its a bit late in your case now, I should have said that sooner:rolleyes:. Think we will have to wait to see what your district judge's directions say now.

pete