Taken Legal Action Under the DPA

Seminole
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I popped along to Clerkenwell couty court today to begin an action under Section 7 of the DPA.

Abbey have partially complied with my subject access request. I had a 4 inch pile of documents from them but they contrived to exclude any details of charges.

I used an N1 claim form to do this and particulars of claim that alanfromdeby has drafted (and should be published as a template in due couse). The claim is for an order for disclosure under the Act but not a claim for money. It may actually be easier for others to somehow make it a cliaim for money (even for the price of a stamp).

Clerkenwell didn't have a clue how to deal with a claim under the DPA. They initially said this looked as if it should be treated as a a claim for "pre-action disclosure". Then they suggested that because it wasn't a claim for money it should be made under Part 8 which ISN'T a small claims track. Eventually I had to insist on them accepting it on the N1 and paid the minimum fee (£30). This should be OK as the Information Commissioner's leaflet on the subject says that Section should be small claims.

I think that this one is going to be fun.

Fantastic - my eyes actually lit up when I saw the subject title!!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks