Spreadsheet with interest

bram stoker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

help needed please!!! Am using the simple spready for excel - get to row 116 and it stopped calculating days since offence and interest. Have got round this by producing two spreadies, one for Aug 2003-12 March 2007 and another (when it ran out of calculating) for Aug 2005-12 March 2007. Can I merge these two together or can I continue adding info to the original one? Sorry to be so dense but its a miracle I can even turn a computer on! Any advice from you clever clogs much appreciated!:D

...any takers on this one please?

As there's about 300,000 posts on this thread alone here to read through is there anyone who can tell me about Vampiress Google spreadsheet for Bank interest?

I have an account which charges interest quarterly, but there are numerous Excess Fees during the months in between.

ie: Interest for 3 months to 15th March charged 4th April

Interest for 3 months to 15th June charged 4th July

As the column asks for date and amount when interest is/was charged what do I put in where, because they are calculated monthly on the spreadie?

Hi there .... firstly 300,000 ... on this thread alone .. really!? 'cor I've told you 3 million times about exagerating now haven't I? :rolleyes:;)

If this is a bank account you are referring to then it really doesn't matter how often the interest is charged .... on this spreadsheet you treat the charges & the monthly (or wotever) interest as seperate columns of info so as long as you enter the dates/amounts etc you should be ok I would have thought?!

You find as you start entering your info on the spready that one column will overtake the other IYKWIM. It doesn't work like the credit card one where a line of info runs across the page.

Does this help? :)

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

Vampiress

Please could you tell me firstly how to save the spreadsheet and secondly how then to retrieve it.

I have had to enter all my data 3 times now, cos when i went to close it, it asked if I wanted to save it, which I did, but I was then unable to find where it was saved to?

If this is a silly question I do apologise, but I getting quite frustrated now.

I'm not sure where the Vamp is hiding these days so will I do??

When you open your chosen spready in the chambers you are basically looking at the 'master copy' so Vamps doesn't want numpties like us lot messing up her fab sheets for her!

You have to take yourself a copy to mess around with so if you click on 'file' then select 'copy spreadsheet' it should bring up a windo where you then give 'your spready a name - when you do this it will give you a copy of the sheet saved n your documents within your google account for you to use & amend to your hearts content!

Hope this helps :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

help needed please!!! Am using the simple spready for excel - get to row 116 and it stopped calculating days since offence and interest. Have got round this by producing two spreadies, one for Aug 2003-12 March 2007 and another (when it ran out of calculating) for Aug 2005-12 March 2007. Can I merge these two together or can I continue adding info to the original one? Sorry to be so dense but its a miracle I can even turn a computer on! Any advice from you clever clogs much appreciated!:D

Not sure which one you are using but you should be able to copy & past the formula into the appropriate cells ...hth? :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi there .... firstly 300,000 ... on this thread alone .. really!? 'cor I've told you 3 million times about exagerating now haven't I? :rolleyes:;)

If this is a bank account you are referring to then it really doesn't matter how often the interest is charged .... on this spreadsheet you treat the charges & the monthly (or wotever) interest as seperate columns of info so as long as you enter the dates/amounts etc you should be ok I would have thought?!

You find as you start entering your info on the spready that one column will overtake the other IYKWIM. It doesn't work like the credit card one where a line of info runs across the page.

Does this help? :)

Yes, sussed it now thank you very much. Thanks for your help everyone... back to the numbers !:p

Chezt

Thanks for your reply, however, when I go onto the the vampiress chambers, and open the file for England - excel - advanced, I am not having anything on my toolbar where it says file? am I therefore opening the file wrong?

I dont think I am that bad with computers, but this is baffaling me now!!!

thanks for you advicexx:rolleyes:

Chezt

I have finally worked it out, the spreadsheet covered my toolbars that was the reason - thanks for all that -time to get my 14 day letter off!!!

One other quick question (hopefully)

the spreadsheet gives you the notes tab, the charges, tab and then the 8% - when I click on this a lot of the boxes come up with #VALUE in the box - why is this?

thanks again

Does anyone know of a completed example spreadsheet anywhere? I've managed to get the charges completed but am still having trouble with the interest. Do I fill the right side with the value that appear on my statement as "interest debited"? The problem is they are all taken at the end of the month so my 'account balance at interest date' column is always positive! is this correct or have i missed a point???????

It is set to today's date. You can change it to the date you are filing your claim if you want.

I would be grateful if you could advise how to do this. I see that the formula for today's date is DATEDIF(D24,NOW(),"D") and I assume I need to set this to the date that I submitted the claim to the bank.

I have been slow to do this as I originally wrote to the bank in September 2006 and now the interest is quite a bit more but if I need to apply for a fixed amount I assume that it needs to be the same amount as originally requested?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rosy, tell me exactly what stage you are at and then I,ll advise you what to do,

Leech

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html#post436526

click my scales if you think i am helpful ! yes LHS down there !!

Once more into the breach dear friends,once more

or close the wall up with our banks dead ,

The games afoot,follow your spirit and upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry' England and St George

Henry V battle of Agincourt 1415

going to start chasing my partners chargesfrom the royal bank of scotland i have read about it and got a bit stuck as its a business bank account,

can anyone help please ? do i include a list of the interest when i send the first letter to the bank asking for charges back im not sure if u do or wait to see if it goes as far as court then add the interest

I have been slow to do this as I originally wrote to the bank in September 2006 and now the interest is quite a bit more but if I need to apply for a fixed amount I assume that it needs to be the same amount as originally requested?

The charges will be the same amount as originally requested but the interest will have increased & this is to be updated as of the date of each letter sent at each stage of your claim ... hope this makes sense?

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Chezt

I have finally worked it out, the spreadsheet covered my toolbars that was the reason - thanks for all that -time to get my 14 day letter off!!!

One other quick question (hopefully)

the spreadsheet gives you the notes tab, the charges, tab and then the 8% - when I click on this a lot of the boxes come up with #VALUE in the box - why is this?

thanks again

Are you putting the dates in american format .. ie 19th March 2007 would be 03/19/2007 ... This may help

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi Folks,

My question has probably been asked a million times before... but!

Im filling in the 8% Simple sheet on Google (god bless vampiress - I hate excel!) - Im at AQ stage.

Can I just check im understanding it right?

1 - The spreadsheet is giving me the interest between Charge Date (col C) and Claim Date right?

2 - Claim date - this is the date I originally wrote to my bank, or is it the date I submitted MCOL claim?

3 - After that date, it comes under the 'section 69 County Courts Act' mentioned in my POC, worked out using the daily claim rate quoted at the top.

Thanks tonnes.

Hi Folks,

My question has probably been asked a million times before... but!

Im filling in the 8% Simple sheet on Google (god bless vampiress - I hate excel!) - Im at AQ stage.

Can I just check im understanding it right?

1 - The spreadsheet is giving me the interest between Charge Date (col C) and Claim Date right? Correct

2 - Claim date - this is the date I originally wrote to my bank, or is it the date I submitted MCOL claim? Your schedule should be dated the date you submit your AQ .... as the interest continues to increase you should always include an up to date schedule ... there has been some discussion that this really ought to be changed from 'claim date' to schedule or spreadsheet date

3 - After that date, it comes under the 'section 69 County Courts Act' mentioned in my POC, worked out using the daily claim rate quoted at the top. Sorry I don't think I understand what you are asking here? Are you just looking for clarification? I presume as you are claiming S69 stat interest that you are NOT claiming contractual interest?

Thanks tonnes.

I've answered in red above :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Great, thanks for the reply Chezt.

3 - After that date, it comes under the 'section 69 County Courts Act' mentioned in my POC, worked out using the daily claim rate quoted at the top. Sorry I don't think I understand what you are asking here? Are you just looking for clarification? I presume as you are claiming S69 stat interest that you are NOT claiming contractual interest?

Yep, sorry, 'is that statement correct?' is the question!

I am only claiming s69 stat.

Great, thanks for the reply Chezt.

Yep, sorry, 'is that statement correct?' is the question!

I am only claiming s69 stat.

Yes you will use the figures the spreadsheet calculates for you .... the interest actually calculates from the date of the charge not the date on your spreadsheet so the older the charge the higher the interest due!

The only difference with the stat 8% is that it is not calculated compunded just simple interest but again don't worry about the workings as the sheet will do it for you.

HTH? :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Great. Thanks very much

Good Luck! :)

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Settled ...

chezt v's Studio Cards

Next ...

Hi folks, just a quick question , using the advanced spreadheet from Vampress chambers ( thank you so much! ) in column I it asks for the balance of your account, in my case by the time the interest is taken off my account the balance was positive. Should i use the balance from when the interests starts? Cheers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1910 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks