NTL Adding more charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Can anyone help me please....... last April NTL failed to take direct debits from my account due to a fault with their computer system. They didn't contact me until November to tell me that I owed them £171-52 they wanted it there and then.

I telephoned them to explain that I was on a limited income and that I could only pay a small amount each month and the cancel the service they said that this was not possible.I have not used there service since.

I contacted the nation debt line they told me that it was a Non Priority Debt and to offer them a nominal amount which I have done.NTL sent me a letter again in January and the amount had increased to £254-24.I wrote back to them still sending the nominal amount each month.

I wrote to them again and received a reply back ignoring what I said and asked them. I asked them for details the account charges as I would not accept the figure they had given me. I told that I would only pay what I owed £171-52.

They have now informed me that the balance is £312-24.Even though I cancelled the account on the telephone and in writing to them they ignored that like every other letter until the last one that I sent recored delivery.

Can anyone offer advice or assitance in dealing with NTL the 2 of the letters are unsigned and the last was was from someone callec Phil Budden from the customer care team.

Thanks

Krystyna

Hi Krystyna - we are trying to prevent duplicate posts and threads. Therefore I have merged the two identical posts you made, and removed the duplicate entry. :rolleyes:

This is similar in principle to the antics of the banks.

The only thing you could be asked to pay is any service costs for the period prior to your cancellation and for the notice period if any. Other charges are likely to be penalties and therefore unlawful.

Do you know if you owe them anything for an actual service?

This is similar in principle to the antics of the banks.

The only thing you could be asked to pay is any service costs for the period prior to your cancellation and for the notice period if any. Other charges are likely to be penalties and therefore unlawful.

Do you know if you owe them anything for an actual service?

Hello Seminole

They will not send me any information they ignore what they don't want to deal with.Would you like to see copies of the letter they have sent to me?

Thanks

Krystyna

Krystyna what is actually happening is that once your account gets to a certain

level of non payment, they freeze the account.Once that happens allegedly they cannot, according to them, access your account or post conversations

with you to your account.So you cannot cancel your subscription because they cannot access your account!!!!!!!!! On top

of that if you have several packages with them, because the account is frozen,

you cannot reduce your package to the minimum level until your finances improve.

It's a total farce and I am convinced it is unlawful [almost said illegal]. I am sure

Citizen's Advice would take a dim view of their refusal to release you from their

contract/clutches as a result of your change in circumstances.

You may have to grit your teeth, and tell them to take you to Court since you

conformed to their T&C's by giving a month's notice. The fact that they have

some stupid rule that your account is frozen is irrelevant-they can still read.

A visit to Citizens Advice might help you

Krystina

I had a similar problem with NTL and the account being "frozen". I found that if you talk to a supervisor in credit control - not the person who answers the phone

They can access your account and alter service packages.

You do have to insist that you talk to a supervisor however - they dont like putting you through.

Another tack I took with NTL was a phone call to the regulator that worked almost instantly.

Good luck

NTL are one of the worst that I have come accross

J

You may think that but . . ......

Total repaid to date £1947.58

Lloyds Currrent a/c £745.27

Moneyclaim filed 17th June

Defence and AQ 25th July. Case struck out 11 Aug

reinstated and hearing 15th Jan 2007

Lloyds loan a/c D A request expired 19th June

Proceedings under S7 Data Protection Act issued 29th June defence and counterclaim 27 July

Hearing Jan 3 2007

Listed final hearing April 2007-

Judge declared an interest and disqualified himself

new date to be set

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6593 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks