'm helping my son to recover bank charges on his account - offer £100 light does he accept it?

gd47
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'd like some advice as to my legal postion.

I'm helping my son to recover bank charges on his account (using the invaluable information provided by the CAG).

So far, I've received the standard reply... "Blah blah blah, but as a gesture of goodwill we are prepared to offer £200 in full and final settlement."

The amount I was claiming was £330.

Here's the interesting bit...

On the acceptance form the amount quoted is £300 (obviously a mistake by the bank!).

Now, if my son signs the acceptance form is he entitled to the £300 specified or could the bank reduce it to £200 if they bother to check their original covering letter?

Does a "full and final settlement" acceptance rule out any future claims for further charges?

Many thanks.

How is the acceptance form worded? If you only have to send this back it might be worth a go. Full and final settlement relates to this claim. You can still claim for future charges afterwards, and they can't stop you even if you've signed something to that effect as you can't sign away your legal rights.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Guest peed orf

If you do send it back, make sure you keep a photocopy of it, that way you accecpt £300, so they should pay you £300 not £200.

Personally, I wouldn't trust them any futher than I could throw them.

You could send the partial acception letter, and carry on with your claim for the rest.

• dx100uk changed the title to 'm helping my son to recover bank charges on his account - offer £100 light does he accept it?