NatWest / Nationwide DPA Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent the first letter to the Natwest and Nationwide and the 40 days have passed and still no account information. There was a second letter posted on the site with reference to charging interest after the 40 days but I can't seem to find it. Can anybody help? How do I word my follow up letter?

There was a second letter posted on the site with reference to charging interest after the 40 days but I can't seem to find it. Can anybody help? How do I word my follow up letter?

News to me!

As I said above - keep an eye on the Bank Template Library later in the week and the procedure will be outlined.

Are you sure that you send your request correctly? In other words that it was accompanied by the money, in writing, gave full details as to your identity and that it was posted to an appropriate address.

Did you send a £10 by way of a cheque? Has the cheque been cashed?

If you think the you can satisfy a court that your subject access request was properly made then if I were you I would send each bank a letter before action giving them just seven days to comply after which you will begin action in the County Court under section 7 of the Data Protection Act. Have a look at the FAQ and also at the new DPA particulars of claim template which Alan has done and is now in the template library. These would be the basis of your action.

Do note that it will be a little bit fussy beginning this action. The courts are not used to it and they do not know what to do. Seminole issued a DPA claim this morning. I think that this is the first that has been issued from this forum. You found that the courts did not know what to do with it. First of all they thought that it was a pre-action application notice and they gave him the wrong form. Then he went back and they agreed that it was the wrong form, and they tried to give him a form to start a part 8 action. This was also wrong because it would have taken him automatically off the small claims track. Eventually after he insisted he was allowed to speak with the court manager and even though it was clear the court manager did not know what to do, Seminole insisted on starting his action on an N1 form and they charged him they £30 claim fee.

It is clear that the court has got some learning to do. Let's hope that it doesn't cause too many problems for our users.

I remember reading in another thread that a bank (Natwest?) told someone they had got an extension on the 40 days from the IC because of the amount of DPA requests being made so it may be that they are currently being allowed to go over by a few days. If I can find it I'll post a link.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks