alzheimers nursing care.

RCR50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

And I won, thanks to Bankoff, who directed me towards NHSCare.info.

You can get the care paid for, but you need the help because the NHS don't want to pay.

And the criteria which trixter lists above, are UNLAWFUL themselves.

I won for my mother, who they said did not fit their criteria, in the beginning.

Don't let them get away with this!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Emma,

I will be fighting this all the way. When we had a meeting a month ago regarding my fathers condition, the conclusion was that he needed to go into a residential home. There were people from social services and the hospital at the meeting but at no time did they mention continuing NHS care and its availability. I only found out about it because I did a google search and found the info on the Age Concern and Alzheimers Society websites. I believe they don't mention continuing NHS care deliberately and they rely on people not having the knowledge. They are going to have a shock with me because I intend to fight this every step of the way.

It's disgraceful that if you are in Scotland the care is paid for by the state, yet in England and Wales the local authorities can't wait to plunder the assets of anyone who becomes so ill that they need this level of care.

Rob,

Good luck with the hearing first of all.

You mentioned that you have been told to find a residential home for your father. Is he mobile again now? The reason i ask is that there is a difference between a residential home and a nursing home, residential home clients do not require any nursing needs i.e the majority of their clients have got mobility and are mostly continent. Nursing homes do require nurses to work there as the clients are of a nursing nature i.e no mobility or bedbound and are mostly incontinent. Iam not a continuing care expert by any means and im not a manager of a residential home but I am of a nursing home but i have clients who have been turned down for continuing care even though as i said earlier they had met a number of the criteria. If it is a residential home he needs I think it is unlikely he will get continuing care and i presume that is why nothing has been mentioned to you about it. If it is a nursing home he needs then you certainly have a chance at getting it, but if you dont then I would encourage you to appeal.

Good luck with it:)

Trixter,

Thanks for the good wishes.

My father is not mobile and he will not improve. He has to be hoisted in and out of bed. He has vasculkar dementia and he has become verbally aggressive and unpredictable. He was assessed by one home but they refused him because of the extent of his dementia, his unpredictable behaviour and his aggression. The consultant has stated he needs to go in a EMI nursing home.

I am fully expecting his application for continuing NHS care to be refused by the assessment panel, but I am ready for the next stage of going through the entire appeals procedure if necessary. The whole issue of continuing NHS care is a farce right now, what with PCT's developing their own criteria which can vary dramatically from others. At least the Coughlan judgement gives us hope of seeing this through to the rightful conclusion.

Hi Rob,

EMI Nursing sounds correct. 7 out of 8 clients who are in my home are on our EMI Nursing floor so I wish you all the luck, you have a good chance. Please look around for other homes that do EMI Nursing, you can get a list of them for your social worker, just because one home has refused him it doesnt mean to say they all will, some EMI units are more high dependant than others. The majority of my residents on that floor have vascular dementia, some are wandersome, many are verbally and physically aggressive so please dont give up hope of finding somewhere that will accept your father.

Best of luck to you Rob:)

• Haha 1

Hi Emmaf01

Well done on your win against the PCT. I am so glad I was able to point you in the right direction. It makes posting on here all worthwhile.

Just got back from seeing my mum, she was talking to someone on the floor who was not there,,,,,,,,, bless her.

Keep up the good fight and pass it on to anyone else you know in the same situation.

Bankoff