£4000 claim with hsbc

wheadsta
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone really liking the work, I am about to embark on a mission to claim back just over £4000 backed up over the last 6 years. My fisrt move is to send of a request for the money back, any suggestions and help will be more than welcome.

Thanks

Hi to everyone,

I am new to this too. I sent the prelim letter to HSBC on the 3rd May addressed to Phil Beaumont also claiming £4000 ish - no reply yet... wish they would hurry up coz im skint lol... :)

Hi Tortoise,

Could you start your own thread in the HSBC forum. That way you, and anyone else, will be able to see and respond to all questions regarding your claim.

Thanks. :-)

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Have finally got around to sending off the preliminary letter, sent it off to my local branch yesterday.

Will keep you all posted as to any further news from now!

If they pay me back I owe this site big time and will have no quarms making a donation!!

keep us posted :

took a while for you to get first letter off ;-)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

• 2 weeks later...

I recieved my first written reply this morning, from Phil Beaumont Senior Quality Officer! Saying " The bank does not agree with your contention blah blah blah".

They are suggesting that i should contact the "Financial Ombudsman Service".

Does anyone know who these people are?

Anyway, what is my next move? How should I now approach them?

Thanks

MODERATED threads merged , please stick to your original thread when updating.

Stick to the step-by-step guide in the FAQs.

Stick to your deadlines and ignore any delaying tactics the banks try such as advising you to contact the ombudsman.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Ignore that letter, its a standard "no" letter, move on to the LBA (Letter Before Action). Congratulations you are onto stage 2:D

Natalie

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

ok

LBA letter written and ready for posting today! Not going to send a copy of my scheduled charges thoiugh, they can spend time working that out for themselves.

Will keep you all posted

Wish me luck!!!!!

yeah posted my lba today to, i didnt include a breakdown either, for the same reasons you said, looks as though we're on same timetable :)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

HI everyone

Having now sent my Letter before action can anyone enlighten me as to what sort of reply I can expect now???

Well I never got any reply so maybe they'll ignore you too!

They haven't acknowleged the claim yet either even though it was served a week ago. They've only got another week. Oh, and every day settlement is delayed by accrues further interest of 70p per day!

OC

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just recived a reply, from Mr Allen Laidler this time, stating that the bank confirms it's position and they are sticking by there guns, oh and wish to hear nothing more from me!!!

What NOW????

Where is it that I file my claim?

Hi

I have just recived a reply, from Mr Allen Laidler this time, stating that the bank confirms it's position and they are sticking by there guns, oh and wish to hear nothing more from me!!!

What NOW????

Where is it that I file my claim?

Even though they've given their final position wait out the 14 days that you originally gave them from the LBA and then submit your claim. You can start preparing it now at www.moneyclaim.gov.uk but don't submit it until the 14 days are up. Some people have filed as soon as the bank respond which is fine, but by waiting, you're showing the court that you're allowing reasonable time for them to reflect.

OC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks