Ebay Issue...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

No problem, and no offence meant to anyone. I do have a habit of saying it as I see it and I accept it doesn't always endear me to everyone, but it's just my way, I don't mean to put anybody down or offend anybody. The way I see it with this site we're all in it together and for the same reasons. I detest the fact that we are ripped off in so many ways by the government, companies, banks and individuals too so I tend to gob off a lot if I see something that's not right.

I sold over 1500 items on ebay in the last six months of last year and bought an awful lot too so I'm reasonably clued up, having been through most of the trials and tribulations that go with buying and selling on ebay.

Last year with the help of two other buyers (but no help whatsoever from ebay or Paypal) we actually got a seller arrested. She claimed to have sent the goods, £120 worth, but they never arrived. Emails were fired back and forth, and she basically maintained that the Royal Mail said they had been delivered and there was nothing she could do.

I then found out by chance that she was doing the same to (at least) two other buyers. She did have excellent feedback over two years upto this point but one of them had negged her a few days after my purchase for not receiving his goods - exactly the same item as I had bought. He knew somebody else that she was doing this to and we all got together (via email) and plotted her downfall. The real giveaway was the item - a job lot of 114 sim cards for mobile phones. You don't list them three times in lots of 114 each!

We all sent her different emails, I stuck to the original "goods or money back" stance, the second buyer agreed to forget it if she would just have the decency to admit it and the third buyer asked if she had been unwell or in hospital and was unable to send them.

She took the bait. She told me the same thing, that she had sent them and it wasn't her problem, and thinking she was on to a good thing she then admitted she didn't have any to sell and needed to raise some quick cash to the second buyer (who actually purchased before I did) and she gave the third buyer a sob story about being in hospital and not being able to send them. We went to the police (who themselves were not much help at first, saying it was a civil matter - we said it was deliberate fraud) and told them they had a legal obligation to investigate it. They did, and took her in for questioning. I don't know what happened, they never contacted us again and we didn't follow it up but we all got cheques for full refunds. We got her kicked off ebay too.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks