Worzel v MBNA

Worzel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never had the displeasure of dealing with such a dire financial institution!

Despite trying to get my account back on track I have suffered from a vast amount of conflicting information from their employees, I have endured numerous telephone calls (even having set and and stuck to a payment plan) to the point that I'm sure it would be classed as harrassment, their staff are amongst the rudest I've ever dealt with and the date/amount of the direct debit never quite seems to match what I recall agreeing to!

So if you are fighting this downpour of dung then I wish you the very best of luck.

Worz

PS My action to recover penalty charges on my account starts this week :D

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

Good luck to you as well matey. It's funny how you only find out how bad these instutions are when you actually have a problem with them. I find it incredible that they should even be allowed to lend money to people especially as they do it in such an irresponsible manner. I have been a customer myself for many years and they have had 1000's out of me in interest over the years, but when it came down to it their greed just wanted to squeeze that little bit more.

I too will be taking action against them, I was thinking that it would be a good idea if we could collate a list of all people doing so and forwarding it to the Financial Ombudsman and the national Press to see if more action would be atken to put a stop to them

Hi all,just a thought

Am also with mbna,Had call from someone saying they would reduce my debt by70% if i could up my pound a month token payment(arranged by C.A.B with them an other C.cards ) to £16 an keep to it till i could clear account..(hence they would not de-fault my account and sell on to debt collectors) Got advice off another site as i did,nt know of this one then,Am going along with it as the offer to good to miss.Soooo by this i take it that maybe you could do the same..I.E keep em happy as far as you can..then ask for a settlemet figure when you have your (edit) "charges" back baring in mind it looks like they can reduce debt 70% maybe more ???...I did not think for a second they would settle the account for less than my full debt....Worth a shot eh,you never know..I learn more every day this site an others i go on are wicked,Bags under eyes from sleepless nights are from trawling the web now rather than money worries :grin:

Regards Lizzie :)

moderated: please do not post what may be seen as libelous comments on this forum please ,this is to protect the site

Dont get mad :-x get even :)

Hiya Mick

That sounds like good idea a mass complaint to OFT,Against mbna an "tothers" Sounds feasable..Maybe the mods will have more idea if tis feasable.. i would certainly sign up,There was that ad about ants..Along the line of one little voice is easy to ignore but thousands of ants will be heard....Think you may be on to a good un here..see what others think.unless of course its already happening on here somewhere ? It huge site an we may have missed it sure someone be along soon to say..Watching this space.

Lizzie:)

hi Lizzie

Fraid the OFT are considered to be just as bad as MBNA the Finacial Ombudsman is the one as they are the ones MBNA recommend you take your complaint to about them,but think that may be a waste of time as well seeing MBNA recommend them probably funded by MBNA, think it may be better everyone adding names to a list then everyone sending a copy of the LIST OF COMPLAINTS to Thier MP's asking them to take some form of action against MBNA, stopping them trading in this country would be a good idea,incidently we in this country are not alone ,in America there are lots of complaints, maybe thats why they started operating over in our country may have got too hot for them over there as people wised up to them

Mick

Hiya

i would think credit file would be marked(can any one enlighten us)And as to de-faulting my account and handing it to debt collectors,Well thats what they told me would happen if i could not increase the £1 a month as agreed with C.A.Bs help up to £16 a month.They said they would have to hand it over and the debt collectors could not offer the discount...Seems mean as they had agreed to this..so bit confused mesel,:confused:

Hiya mick

Well any little that will help highlight this and other companys sharp practice and despicable motives must be a good thing,so good on you for suggesting it ,and am up for it an anything else that would help(within reason,no nude callenders.... miss jan .claimant of the month ??? ,:oops: ) count me in ;)

Watcing this space regards Lizzie :)

Hi all!

I totally agree with all your comments and I will 10000% persue them for their appalling treatment - mainly persistent harassment calls,contradicting information and misselling of PPI etc etc etc.Despite that I had never had any problems with repayments and a customer of theirs for many years until I had some personal problems - deaths of very close relatives within a fairly short period of time.

Did they care?

No,they did not!

Anyway,it is PAYBACK time now!

Hi Lizzie

Just thought of another one, as MBNA are associated with allsorts of other companys, like charities and the likes of Virgin, and football teams etc. perhaps it would be a good idea of evryone sending copies of all the complaints to them all.Showing what a shower they are, I am sending Bill Kenwright the Chairman of Everton Football Club some, showing him what he is letting the supporters of his club in for by dealing with them,I have been told that the possible reason for this is because they cannot get ordinary people to take up accounts with them so they latch on to things like this in order to get customers, I suppose the supporters think if its in their football clubs name and recommendation it is a good idea to sign up with them,"Sharp practice" I think ,suppose MBNA think it is good marketing strategey

Hi Surreyscouse-

I suppose you know that ALL the banks have these affiliate cards and Yes, consumers go for them because they like football or favour certain charites such as Lifeboats, or even animals and yes, as you know you can obtain credit cards with cute pandas etc., etc., and the banks make loads more money from the trusting consumer.

However, it all goes a bit deeper than this and The Financial Institutions clarity/transparency has been troubling me for some time.

It is very clear to see, just on the BAG website that many consumers do not know who they are dealing with and it does not just apply to the banks!

There are mortgage companies with many different names, but all at the same address. Insurance companies who trade under different (sometimes old and established trusted names) brands but many of these are part of massive conglomerates, for examples AXA & Aviva.

Now back to the banks, they nearly all sell insurance under so many different brand names it makes your head spin and...when people take out their different insurance policies, do they really know that they are dealing with a bank???? such as Direct Line or Priviledge etc

Lastly the credit cards with so many different company brands & affiliate cards, the poor old consumer does not realise that his credit card is an RBS affiliate or MBNA brand or card affiliate such as Virgin. Even your supermarket credit card such as a Tesco Visa, operated by The Royal Bank od Scotland.

I think that it is a scandal and immoral that these financial institutions can get away with marketing these products, that lack transparency.

Consumers need to unite on this and make a stand against the veiled manner in which these products are sold and they should be clearly advised who and what group that they are dealing with and NO SMALL PRINT - take a look at the MINT card! and or Goldfish! when you want to make a complaint about these two, you have to go onto the FSA website to ascertain the correct address? and..

I have not even mentioned the dreaded dubious debt collectors, some of the names that they use are almost impossible to find on the internet - shocking

Anyhow, that's my rant for the day:)

angry cat

Hi Worzel-

Whoops !

I did not mean to jump in on your thread - Sorry I thought that I was responding to surreyscouse's post "This is War!!"

I am also a victim of MBNA, so I sympathise with you.

They are indeed Nasty and there employees must be trained at...

The Charm School for Nasties!

Angry cat

Surreyscouse

Not another scouser living in Surrey........and yes I used to be a blue long time ago when I could afford to go, but now a day think it is just big business and not a sport...............regarding the Everton Chairman if I don't get a reply from him ,then I will write to the local paper letting them know, what the chaiman of the peoples club thinks of its supporters.......... and to reply angry cat I agree about the comments about the marketing and it is about time we high lighted what they are up to,I beleive its called "stoozing" and there is a website informing of who associates with whom,will let you know the link when I find it but am sure if you type in "stoozing" you will get to it .

Brande and affiliated cards.

If you have one and want to know who the supplier is lokk it up at

http:\\http://www.stoozing.com

Makes interesting reading and also shows up MBNA as the main "CULPRIT" I wonder why they have to conduct business in this fashion hiding behind "charities" etc, bet everyone on here knows the answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Just as an update on these dumb bankers and how bloody useless they are:

I had made arrangements to pay well over my monthly payment in order to catch up on my arrears. Despite this, they constantly telephoned me and wrote to me. They even rang up on the date of one DD to ask why they hadn't received payment - of course I informed them politely that the reason they hadn't received payment was because of the antiquated banking system in this country, a system that allows someone to take money from my account and use it for three working days before putting into it's intended account :D

Further to this, I asked how it was that I kept getting calls. I was told it was because I was in arrears and the only way to stop them was to pay off the arrears. This was on Apr 25th and I was told that if my next payment were £150.00 then that would stop all calls. I therefore told the lady to change the amount to £150.00 and I would ensure that it went through on May 25th. However, I did warn her that if I were to receive any more telephone calls prior to that date then I would cancel the DD, get advice from a debt management agency and do my best to pay MBNA the VERY MINIMUM I could get away with. Needless to say I never did get another call.

However, even though I had been in constant contact with them over the last several months (I couldn’t help but be with their consistent phone calls) I did receive a letter telling me that MBNA were 'dissapointed that, despite several letters I had made no moves to pay off my arrears'.

Totally useless, totally ####### useless - and I dream of the day I will be free from them!

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

Hi Surrey, no I haven't (wasn't aware of it until now :confused: ).

Are they the ones to talk to about copy statements rather than going through the DPA request route? If so have you got a number??

Cheers

Worz

Stuart Johnson is the manager (well one of them) His number is 01244 576317 although he rarely answers the phone himself, you could also try the CEO's number which is 01244 672040 and speak to his PA who will point you in the right direction. The CEO is called Michael Rhodes. the MBNA email addresses all follow the same formula, for example michael.rhodes@mbna.com or stuart.johnson@mbna.com and so on. hope that helps somewhat

Cheers surrey, email flying over to Mr Johnson now!

Hi, I cleared my MBNA card a few years ago and I have to say it was more difficult to close the accoount that to open it. They kept telling me it was closed only to send statements with tiny balances on. Obviously the interest went up very slightly after I posted a final cheque but their information was misleading. Also I agree their staff are aggressive, rude and very unhelpful.

I have sent DPA request and they have 30 days to comply with the couple of years that are valid (2000-2002). Tellingly Marbles and Amex sent statements today (I sent DPAs the same day as MBNA).

I have never wished that I was so bad with money as I do during those 2 years (i you see what I mean). I'm hoping their is something to claim back and cause them some grief.

Truly the most unprofessional, dreadful financial institution I have ever dealt with....adn there have been a few! :)

no worries mate, let me know how you get on. They are bloody stressed at MBNA at the moment ! Just ask Dinghy, he gets on with them as well as I do ! :)

I dunno... When I spoke to them yesterday they just seemed resigned to it all... Seem to have got over the stress of the last few weeks...

Although that could have just been Gareth... Not spoken to/had reply from Stuart for a while...

• Confused 1

If you have found this post (or any other post) useful ensure you click on the scales in the top right of that post to give credit where credit is due.:D

DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE AND WANT TO PROVIDE A VALUABLE LINK TO THIS FORUM ? Go to this thread:-http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=52854

As ever, with (I believe most if not) all advice given on this website, I am not qualified to give any advice and you are duly warned that any decisions are your own decisions made on your own account and no liability will be accepted for any advice followed ! Use your own judgment.

Seek advice of a qualified, insured, professional if you have any doubts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks