Worzel v MBNA

Worzel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following the tip-off from surreyscouse I have had some communication with Stuart Johnson of MBNA Advocates office and I have to say he seems willing to play ball. Not only did he return a reply within 20 minutes of my original mail but he also suggested I get a list of charges rather then copy statements.

Since then I have also had a confirmation letter from Rachel Claridge ensuring I get a written response within 28 days!

However, at the minute they are going to send me a list of charges made to my account, but I think I'll now contact them for copy statements instead - just in case anything is inadvertantly missed off!

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

the reason they offer a list of charges is because they can print them off there and then. the statements come from the states and we all know that some of those go missing don't we ;)

I checked my list of transactions and statments and they did seem to tally up apart from the missing 7 statements so not really much need to get them unless you want to be 100% sure.

One puzzling thing, you do not appear to have asked for a refund but they have said they will reply in 28 days, so at what point have they assumed you have made a complaint ? or did you do it in your email to stuart ?

Following the contact details posted by yourself I sent the following email:

----------------------

Stuart Johnson

Advocates Office

MBNA Bank Europe Ltd

PO Box 30

Chester

CH4 9FD

June 2, 2006

Dear Mr Johnson

ACCOUNT NUMBER: #### #### #### ####

I have been reliably informed that you can supply with copy statements for my account. Could I therefore ask that you send me statements covering the entire period of my account (which, if I recall correctly, was opened in 2003).

I understand that statements relating to more than twelve months ago are held elsewhere and are therefore not accessable immediately so I'm not expecting these to be in the post tomorrow! However, your earliest attention to this would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

----------------------

I have yet to tally up my charges to date!

I have just phoned the advocates office and asked for statements rather than a list of charges. Whilst I trust that all will be present on their compiled list I'd like to be 100% sure ;)

I realise this will take a little longer to receive the information, but I can wait a few weeks for my revenge :D

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

I too will be taking action against them, I was thinking that it would be a good idea if we could collate a list of all people doing so and forwarding it to the Financial Ombudsman and the national Press to see if more action would be atken to put a stop to them

Hi Mike,

What a great idea, I wouldn't know where to start but I'm sure someone out there would. I'll sign up for that.

Good luck

moneydownthedrain

UPDATE

Have today received my last 12 months statements. Amazingly they came in separate envelopes, each one had the supplementary 'how to pay' page attached and (you'll not believe this one) every single one had an addressed envelope in it! By my calculation (using MBNA's apparent scale of charges) that has just cost them £3,457.89 (we'll if it costs £25.00 for a computer generated letter ).

Anyway, have totted up the charges so far - £300.00 in the last year (all 'over limit fees' [due to their charges] and late payment fee's [due to them not accepting a reasonable amount that I could afford once I'd admitted I needed help!]).

Anyway, I'll await the rest with interest and then bung in my 14 day request for refund.

Good luck all . . .

Worz

keep us posted :D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Will do mjanet (interesting username - perhaps M. Janet as in Mandy Janet, or M. J. Anet as in Micky John Anet, or even M. Jan ET as in Michelle Jan the Extra Terrestrial, or of course it could be M. Jane T as in Mandy Jane Thurlow :rolleyes: )

Thanks for modding my thread title.

Worzel - so called because I'm a scarecrow :grin: (and have had a beer to celebrate the arrival of the statements ;) )

M is my surname I prefer Janet but that name had already been taken before I joined so picked this one and have regeretted it ever since :( LOL

Am I going to see your other half join as aunt sally :D

If you think that deeply into every step you take recovering your bank charges then great

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Hi Janet, nothing wrong with your username - I was just being erm . . . . . . what's the word I'm looking for . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it's on the tip of my tongue . . . . . . . . . . . . it's a technical expression . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ahh, I remember . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . stupid :rolleyes:

Yes, I will think about every step of my battle against MBNA - I intend to make them pay for all the grief they have caused me ;)

Worz

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6577 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks