Mr Clutch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I booked my car into a local Mr Clutch for a clutch replacement at 1030. The service manager said he'd phone me when it was ready as it was a 4.5 hour job. I phoned him at 1600 to find out if my car was ready and he said the release bearing on the clutch he had on the shelf was faulty and he had to source one from another branch and it wouldn't be there till the next day.

I need my car to earn my living and to have it off the road for a day and a half is just not on. Do I have a good reason to ask for a discount?

TIA

SD

• 2 years later...

Mr Clutch oh Dear!

My wife bought a car from her father who owned it from new, the only problem was it needed a replacement clutch.

I called Mr Clutch and spoke to the manager who assured me that if I book the car in for a new clutch that day it would take 24 hours.

It sounded reasonable so we decided to drop it off, less that 2 hours later I received a call from the manager who informed me that the gear box bolts had been crossed threaded and the fly wheel needed skimming as it was scorched.

At that point I called a reportable mechanic who informed me that it was a ploy that Mr clutch use to obtain money and it was doubtful that the fly wheel need work. And he could have used inserts to repair the threads.

I informed the manager at Mr Clutch that I don’t want the work done to the flywheel but I need a quote for the work on the box.

Over the week I kept calling the manager for an update on the gear box but was told the gear box has gone to London some 35 miles away for a quote. Why London as I live in Berks. fobbed off again.

I was quoted £200.00 for the repair of the damaged caused by there fitters, at that point I ask them to return the gear box and I would have the car collected and repaired by a reportable mechanic.

I arranged for a transporter company to collect the car and deliver it to a garage of my choice at a cost of £55.00.

Later that week I collected the gear box and delivered it to the mechanic who was doing the work, I was discovered that the treads where damaged along with the bell housing casing smashed.

The mechanic arranged for the repair of the gear box and the work was carried, after trying to sauce new bolts as the originals went missing, it was fitted.

I was informed later that there was a problem with the gear box as the gear selector was not working, after further inspection it was discovered that the bolts were just thrown it to the sump cover and the bolt heads were damaged, along with the spiggot bearing.....arrhhhhh

A replacement was fitted and the car is on the road…….. I have sent a detailed report to the complaints manager and waiting on a refund. Watch this space.

My advice DON’T USE THEM. I will start my own thread when I have a response from them and an out come has been reached.

There is more than one way to skin a cat so to speak... :-D

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 2 years later...

Had to go Mr Clutch for a minor fault on my clutch for checking of my VW Golf, they said it needs replacing and quoted me £350 so I agreed to do it. After starting the job they advised I should change the exhaust system for better engine performance, and quoted me £600 for both. After doing the job I was not very happy with the clutch performance almost same like before replacing, but just after 2 months my VW failed the MOT due to exhaust lickage. I had no time to go back to Mr Clutch to check so decide to repair it from the MOT center paying around £80. Again on my next MOT (after 14 months of replacing) at VW center it failed for the same reason and paid another £100 for a temporary repair. My car exhaust was perfect till I replaced it from Mr Clutch but after replacing it failed the MOT so I made a complaint with Mr Clutch HO, and they replied quickly to take my car to Mr Clutch for an inspection, I did that but they (local center who replaced it) were not very happy to do that just inspected to follow the HO instruction and could not suggest me any further. After I write a second letter with the outcome of the inspection they replied they are unable to do anything now as it is already 15 months over I should have informed them immediately after I replaced it. Can anyone advise me where I can get further help on this matter?

For sure I will never use Mr Clutch not will advise anyone to go to Mr Clutch.