WHAT should I ask for from CAHOOT?

ladybird17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On Dec. 6th I got an e-mail from Cahoot saying that they were stopping their "Flexible Loans" and because of that (and to reflect "current market rates") they were increasing their interest rate to 14.9% in two increments, the first one coming into effect on......Dec. 6th! This was, I believe sent to all customers, and whilst everyone was previously paying slightly diferent interest rates, this was still a huge hike for most people. Also last year, they e-mailed me saying they had "reviewed my account" and were reducing the upper limit on the flexible loan. I have never, ever missed a payment, the payments are made by DD and always on time.

I wrote to them pointing out they were in breach of T & C's regarding the notice period for interest increases, (and the Banking Code) and also that their T & C's give a load of reasons why they can reduce your limit - none of which applied to me - plus a final catch all of "any other valid reason". So I also asked them to clarify the valid reason they had in reducing my limit. They e-mailed me back saying they would respond in 5 working days, and that is up tomorrow and haven't heard back from them yet- but now I've got to this stage, I'm not sure what I should be doing next!! Any ideas?