student loans company

dax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote in reply to a letter recieved from the student loans company who decided it was time for me to repay my student loan. I have not finished my studies towards me degree yet and so wrote back to inform them of this and to ask to defer payment untill I had finished my studies and gained employment, although I was taking a sabbatical in between of a year out and now living abroad.

They replied asking me how I was supporting myself, to which I replied, from sale proceeds of my former home address and with assistance from my father. They have written back asking me for written confirmation of proof of this from any third parties including a bank statement from their account, along with a letter from them, stating this fact. Plus a copy of my bank statement showing sufficient funds for self support.

The point is, I have said, I am no longer eligible for a student loan as I am now living abroad, and funding myself. So whats the fuss? when I dont want their money..

Also, my dad is elderly now and has sent me occassional cash and the odd cheque to help me out. Is he under obligation therefore to have to provide a personal bank statement and be answerable to the student loan company, plus have to write a letter to them explaining the same?

I could provide copies of his letters where he has enclosed the odd cheque, but their private. I wished Id never mentioned t now, but did, so where do I stand. Also, isnt his right to privacy being exploited and he'll probably find this invasion unsettling. I dont want them harrassing him over me.

hello dax, would your father write a letter to say he is supporting you and you have no funds of your own, my thought is that they can only pursue you for repayment if they can discover you have income of your own, but I would doublecheck this, have you tried speaking to the student finance team at your university or the student union? p.s. great name!

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry its a late response to your reply maybelline..the student finance team arent eally relevent as thyre not going to go against the student loan company or become involved. The point is, I just didnt want to have to involve my dad who is anti government anyway, hates beaurocracy and is a bigger rebel than me..lol..so who knows.....