Direct Line - Help needed

poza78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

I'm a really p155ed off customer of direct line. I was travelling down a one way street when some jerk went straight past me the wrong way and as he mounted the kerb to avoid me he scratched and dented both doors of my car. Had it not been for my 2 yr old daughter screaming I'd have caught that guy and at least got his number plate.

Anyway I had to make a claim and took my car in on Monday 8th Jan, it took 2 weeks for the parts to arrive and Direct Line assured me that my car would be ready 7 days from when the parts arrived. This was last thursday 18th Jan. I did not get a courtesy car either. I phoned the garage yesterday and suprise suprise they said it would definately be ready today. I called direct line again and they have made a complaint to the garage for taking longer than 7 days after parts had arrived. I have just spent 30 mins on the phone as the garage said that the car would not be ready until mid-morning tomorrow, direct line then rang the garage and told me the car would not be ready until tomorrow afternoon. I dont know how this is possible as the garage close at 12pm on Saturdays. I have made a complaint to direct line as there must be breach of contract or at least bad service, and Im not even willing to pay the excess anymore and want an apology for inconvenience, I mean what do I pay premiums for? If it isnt ready tomorrow then that is 3 weeks without a car.

Does anyone have any advice out there please?

I was under the impression that Direct Line introduced a policy in 2004 that didn't penalise their policyholders if they were involved in accidents where the other party failed to stop. This policy would ensure that policyholders would not have to pay the excess or lose thei no calims bonus.

Thanks a lot I'll look into that, well the garage called back after i posted this message and said the that the car still needed a valet so it would be ready for collection at 12pm, I got into an argument with one of the seniors there and he finally admitted that there was something not quite right with the paintwork due to an error by one of the lads and now it needed a respray meaning Im without a car until mid-week, however they have agreed to give me the car at 9am today and I'll have to taker it in for respray soon enough.