Yorkshire Bank reclaiming

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry tifo, good luck with your personal claim. I shall be making my personal claim as soon as I have sorted my friends business claim.

I reckon they owe me about 3.5K.

Looking at the threads looks like me will have to fight all the way - bring it on!!

Regards

Lizzy

To Love & Be Loved Is The Essence Of Life

yes Lizzie, i agree.

Yorkshire Bank seem to put up a fight, but at the end they all give up. I guess they don't want to be the first actual case to be dealt with.

I think you should do your own personal claim at the same time, since it takes a long time anyway and you might as well make a start.

does anyone have a reply for YB standard fob off letter after prelim request?

i sent the letter a few weeks ago and received the standard 'you agreed, we don't think we're wrong, charges are a pre-estimate etc' reply.

i need to reply to this before i send my LBA or shall i have it within the LBA?

• 3 weeks later...

YB have offered £226 (50%) of the £452 claimed in charges, nothing of the contractual interest asked for. Total requested was £2183.

So, a letter will go to them thanking them for the *part* settlement and that i await the remaining amount. If i offer them, say £1400 to settle based on the authorised rate do you think they will or shall i just carry on as normal.

This offer was after my LBA letter so i can either take court action or send as above giving them another 14 days.

Hi tifo,

I woudn't accept it. 50% is no where near enough. If it was me I would carry on and issue court proceedings. It's not as if you are refusing a reasonable offer. That's just my opinion, you must decide yourself but most of the postings on this site say to rip up the offer cheque up and return it. Let me know what you decide.

To Love & Be Loved Is The Essence Of Life

• 4 weeks later...

rec'd a letter again stating 50% is their max offer and i am not to send them any more letters about it! They say further correspondence will serve no purpose.

so, financial ombudsman or court now?

• 1 month later...

passed the account to the financial ombudsman a month ago.

today received the rest of the charges of £226.

no mention of the actual amount i asked for which was over £2k with contractual interest.

the letter states (as usual) that encashment of the cheque will mean acceptance of the settlement as full.

so, shall i hold out and see what else the ombudsman gets me, as they say they will also get me stat 8% interest?

shall i pay the cheque in and let YB know that i accept them as part settlement only and i do not like any conditions set on any payments, as it is upto me if i accept them as a F&F settlement. They did this last time and i still have the first cheque of £226 from about 3 months ago.

• 1 month later...

I passed the case to the Ombudsman in June.

They have offered the interest as well (only 8% compounded).

Shall i accept this or go for more, as i requested interest at the unauthorised rate in my prelim which makes the total £2400 rather than the £725 offered? Charges were £450.

I initially refused the offer of charges + stat interest in June saying i wanted the full amount asked so Ombudsman has looked at it again. Ombudsman now says this is fair and as far as they will take it for me as YB have refused to offer any more.

I am doubtful if i can take it to court as they have offered all charges + compounded stat interest (only an extra £40 to non-compounded) and it would mean going only for the CI interest.

I think you should accept that. Court is usually simple interest at 8%, and I think you would be risking having to pay costs if you pursued CI through the court. The courts do not seem to favour it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• dx100uk changed the title to YB standard fob off letter after prelim request?