Alliance & Leicester - Preliminary letter sent.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have sent a preliminary letter requesting the return of bank charges to the sum of £2042.45. I am thinking of sending a DPA disclosure letter to A & L Credit Card next. These two accounts are in my name only. However my wife and I have a mortgage together which is also with A & L. My question is: Will they get a bit funny, perhaps threats etc. with our mortgage if I go ahead with the other two claims?

I hope that was clear, I am new to this excellent site!

Many thanks, Jeff.

They can't touch the mortgage. It is subject to a separate contract and is not a matter of discretion in the way that an overdraft is.

consumer forums

consumerforums

• Confused 1

Received another letter from A&L yesterday offering £200 refund as a "gesture of goodwill". So sending letter accepting offer as part payment only and will continue my claim for the remaining amount!

£200 seems more like taking the mickey rather than a gesture of goodwill. Still better in your pocket than theirs.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

Update! Got second sod off letter from A&L A couple of days ago. It says the charges are correct and legal! They also say they are sorry that I am disappointedwith their service etc... No mention of the £200 that was previously offered. Moneyclaim next me thinks!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got a letter from A&L this morning.....

It says "I must formally advise you of our intention to withdraw the chequebook and card facility that you hold on this account."

It then says "Please contact our office immediately to arrange for alternative stationery to be sent. If you are unwilling to comply with request, we will have no alternative but to recover the card and stationery by other means."

Crazy! - Sounds like the bank's poor attempt at fighting back!

Invite them round for tea, to pick up their stationary?

Kingliam

:!:

On behalf of the Ginger one

Lloyds TSB - 1ST 12/07/06-LBA 26/07/06-MC-14/08/06-Court-31/01/2007

Halifax - D P A 02/10/06

On behalf of MumKing

Barclays Bank D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of DJ Sunny

Alliance & Leicester D P A 29/08/06

On behalf of GrandmaKing

GE Capital D P A 30/10/06

Barclays Bank D P A 30/10/06 - 1ST 15/11/06 *Microfiche [problem]

we will have no alternative but to recover the card and stationery by other means."

They're never going to send in the bailiffs!?!?!

How is your claim goin', dude? Have you got to moneyclaim stage yet?

And more importantly, have you got a parachute account opened? 8)

Will be going to Moneyclaim when I get payed!

Opened account (Nat West step) today. Waiting for confirmation.

Also got joint account with missus that we hardly ever use.

What I was thinking was; if making me return the cheques & card are for breaching the T&C's, then closing my account after I go to Moneyclaim must be strong evidence of realitory action? Musn't it? I mean why not close the account now?

After a 'heads up' from lesleyN, I checked out the Daily Mail online this a.m.

Seems the Financial Services Authority have asked the Banking Code Standards Board to clarify the position re closing accounts of 'victims' who have claimed refund of their charges.

The BCSB is apparently to decide on its position re same at a board meeting today.

Wonder if anything will come of it? 8)

Hi I am currently a A&L customer with 2pounds in my account I have recently changed to Halifax and barely keeping my account open with A&L I am presently at the moneyclaim stage and scared stiff however I am pleased to see someone else is having exactly the same problem as me, I feel we have no option other than to go all the way it is our money not theirs so Good Luck lets hope we win!!!

Hi I am currently a A&L customer with 2pounds in my account I have recently changed to Halifax and barely keeping my account open with A&L I am presently at the moneyclaim stage and scared stiff however I am pleased to see someone else is having exactly the same problem as me, I feel we have no option other than to go all the way it is our money not theirs so Good Luck lets hope we win!!!

Hi there Deb (?), welcome to the forum.

Why don't you open a thread of your own, then you can share your fears with others? You'll get loads of encouragement, as well as advice if you need it.

There is no need to go through this alone. As they say, a trouble shared is a trouble halved.

And, others may benefit from what you have to say on your experiences. 8)

Can anyone help, i have sent a prelim letter 2.07.06. It is soon to be coming upto my 14days notice given in the letter. Do i hit them with my money claim or re-send the letter again. The issue is i have not got anything back from them at all not even an acknowledgement they got the letter.

Many thanx i will send the letter again this weekend registered delivery. Thanx for your help.

I will keep this as short as possible.After many a row at home about my wifes spending and lack of intrest in looking through the bank before spending A&L have hit me and my wife since Jan 2006 with a staggering amount of charges (28 in total) totalling £783.00. I have asked for an OD extension and a loan and been refused on both.

At the start of July i had, had enough. I sent in a breakdown of charges which include Failed DD, Uauth OD, Paid Item charge, failed Cheques etc. So in i sent my initial approach for re-payment letter. NO REPLY from A&L.

Last Monday i posted my second claim letter giving them a further 14 days to respond. I still have not heard anything and next Monday is 14 days up.

My question is this do i just hit them with the claim? (IF i do not hear anything)

This is a big step for me to be taking on a bank is there any other advice users could give me. I really am papping myself at the outcome of all this.

You must send another letter stateing they have a further 14 days in which to reply to your request, after that there will be no further communication as you will go to the small claims court, there is a letter in the template library which will guide you??:confused: From my experience they replied to both letters telling me to Sod Off basically just keep going

Debs ;)

On further diliberation I have remembered A&L did not reply to my first letter therefore I sent it again registered post this means they have no choice but to answer, I did the same with the second letter and they replied within 3-4 days. What I found a great help with the process was Martins first ever step by step advice the web address is

UK's only money saving expert

hope it helps

Debs

I phoned A&L this morning regarding the returning of card & chequebook, The nice lady said that they only intended to withdraw certain items but I can now keep them for the time being if I am a good little boy with my account... Do they now know something we don't... See younganfree's post, number 14.

Deb,

when you log on to the forum page, you will notice at the top of the list of threads [and also at the bootom of the list] on the left hand side of the page, directly opposite where it tells you the number of pages, there is a blue box with "New Threads" written in it. Click on this and you are away! :cool:

P&sbull, can I suggest you do the same, and start a new thread for yourself so that everyones questions don't all get mixed up or lost in the melee.

Any probs you have just ask on your thread and you'll probably get loads of advice, and if not there'll be lots of encouragement! :cool:

I phoned A&L this morning regarding the returning of card & chequebook, The nice lady said that they only intended to withdraw certain items but I can now keep them for the time being if I am a good little boy with my account... Do they now know something we don't... See younganfree's post, number 14.

Back-peddling, hey? :cool:

• 7 months later...
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks