RE: Telewest

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just a thought bought but when you pay a telephone bill with telewest late you are charged £10, is this classed as punitive?

also can they charge you more for not having a DD set up

Is it costing them £10 when you pay late? If not, then it's punitive and reclaimable. I don't think it has been tested yet with them, but the principle is the same.

The not-paid-by-d/d thing, yes, bugs me too, especially as I'm paperless, and therefore cost them less than s/one with a paper bill, but don't get a reduction for that. But I suspect that as it is a service they provide, it might not be reclaimable, although it is patently unfair, I agree.

I had exactly the same problem last month....i phoned Telepest's customer service, and explained that i am refusing to pay £10 late payment charge, as it is a penalty charge, and not a true reflection of their liquidated losses....the guy refunded on the spot without questioning it

Might be worth a phone call first, then if no success, put it in writing the normal way

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

• 4 months later...

Martin3030 is testing the £4 DD and £10 Late Payment Fees in this similar thread, here:

TELEWEST £10.00 late payment charge

I just managed to get 3 x late payments refunded from NTL with a couple of phone calls based on the info in the thread. :-)

"Be reasonable, demand the impossible"

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6461 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks