Responeded once I woke them up!

Guest Alison82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Alison82

I've had a bank account with Lloyds TSB since I was 11. Last year I use to only use this account for a few direct debits, a few times there was not enough money to cover them therefore I go charged, now they have uped my limit to cover the charges and reduce it gradually each month so I have to pay if off. I always thought they were doing me a favor until now!

Sent them the same letter that I sent the others, had no response; until today I emailed them to remind them the clock is ticking and attached the origional letter, there response was:

"I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy over the level of charges you have incurred on your Lloyds TSB account.

Under the circumstances, your e-mail has been passed on to the Manager of the Complaints Unit within Customer Care. I have asked that he notes your comments and issues raised and for a response to be sent you at the earliest opportunity.

Regards

Keith Boden

Lloyds TSB - Customer Care

Birmingham"

Guest Alison82

I've had a bank account with Lloyds TSB since I was 11. Last year I use to only use this account for a few direct debits, a few times there was not enough money to cover them therefore I go charged, now they have uped my limit to cover the charges and reduce it gradually each month so I have to pay if off. I always thought they were doing me a favor until now!

Sent them the same letter that I sent the others, had no response; until today I emailed them to remind them the clock is ticking and attached the origional letter, there response was:

"I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy over the level of charges you have incurred on your Lloyds TSB account.

Under the circumstances, your e-mail has been passed on to the Manager of the Complaints Unit within Customer Care. I have asked that he notes your comments and issues raised and for a response to be sent you at the earliest opportunity.

Regards

Keith Boden

Lloyds TSB - Customer Care

Birmingham"

Guest Alison82

Lloyds TSB Bank plc,

25 Gresham Street,

London,

EC2V 7HN.

Telephone No: 020 7626 1500

Registered in England, number 2065.

Lloyds TSB Scotland plc,

Henry Duncan House,

120 George Street,

Edinburgh

EH2 4LH.

Telephone No: 0131 225 4555

Registered in Scotland, number 95237.

Guest Alison82

Lloyds TSB Bank plc,

25 Gresham Street,

London,

EC2V 7HN.

Telephone No: 020 7626 1500

Registered in England, number 2065.

Lloyds TSB Scotland plc,

Henry Duncan House,

120 George Street,

Edinburgh

EH2 4LH.

Telephone No: 0131 225 4555

Registered in Scotland, number 95237.

Guest Alison82

Just recieved the standard automate email from Mr David Just. He has kindly wavied my fee; even thought I have already paid it! Do they not read our letters! :evil:

Guest Alison82

Just recieved the standard automate email from Mr David Just. He has kindly wavied my fee; even thought I have already paid it! Do they not read our letters! :evil:

Guest Alison82

Hi everyone

I got my statments from Lloyds yesterday, I estimated the I would be claiming back around £300 but after adding it all up it's just over £900 :o

I have a few questions though, is an 'overdraft useage fee' authorised or unautorised? and there are a some intrest charges of small amounts of £1.03 (for example) are these intrest charges for the charges or just intrest in general? (sorry if they seem like silly questions)

I also noticed that sometimes I was charged £27 for an unpaid DD and other times it was £64 does anyone know why this is?

I shall be sending my letter to reach them on monday morning :)

You will have to work out what those little interest charges are. It is not possible to say without looking at the statments.

As far as the difference in costs ofr a bounced DD, that would be interesting to know. Ask them for an explanation.

Guest Alison82

I recieved a response from David Just after he had recieved my 'Letter Before Action' and got the usual letter saying that he is sorry but nothing he can do about it and gave me the ombudsmans details. I shall now wait until the 14 days are up to log my claim with moneyclaim but I will have to wait until I get paid to do this.

There is no David Just - it's a nom de plume

There is no David Just - it's a nom de plume

I worked in customer services at a book club and the signature name indicated how many letters had been sent demanding outstanding amounts so we would know at what stage the account was at if the customer contacted us.

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Guest Alison82

What :o

They can't be allowed to do that, I feel cheated- I thought I was corresponding with a real person even if it was just his automated letters. I should ask to speak to Mr David Just on the phone and see how they try to get out of that one.

Hi everyone

I got my statments from Lloyds yesterday, I estimated the I would be claiming back around £300 but after adding it all up it's just over £900 :o

I have a few questions though, is an 'overdraft useage fee' authorised or unautorised? and there are a some intrest charges of small amounts of £1.03 (for example) are these intrest charges for the charges or just intrest in general? (sorry if they seem like silly questions)

I also noticed that sometimes I was charged £27 for an unpaid DD and other times it was £64 does anyone know why this is?

I shall be sending my letter to reach them on monday morning :)

I also have a lot of little charges for interest fees, not quite sure what that means. I was astounded that between Aug 05 to Sept 05 my account charges had shot up from £2.50 to £7.00 :evil: How the heck did I miss that one??? I can't believe how they just put their charges up so steeply. The charge for unpaid direct debits is now £35... unbelievable!!!

By the way, the £64 charge was most likely because 2 direct debits had been refused on the same day.

Lloyds TSB claim £1896.27

Need to send DPA to Barclaycard and Barclays Bank

They can't be allowed to do that, I feel cheated- I thought I was corresponding with a real person even if it was just his automated letters. I should ask to speak to Mr David Just on the phone and see how they try to get out of that one.

I think it's a real person, I'm sure a previous poster actually spoke to him.

Then again, it could be a bloke down the pub told me that :wink:

I think you will find that those "little"interest charges are related to your overdraft interest charge. I think that your should ignore these interest charges as their is not legal limit on the amount of interest a company can charge.

If you plan on taking the Interest in to account also, then your claim is very different, as the interest is actually on money that you borrowed from them directly, and they can charge what they like, as long as they have informed you of the APR.

The charges on the other hand are unlawful and a seperate matter, as it has not effected them in any way, as they have not paid the Direct Debit and hence not put them at financial lose.

regards,

InterSimi

Hi Alison / Every Lloyds TSB customer lol

I got that letter too :? I emailed them with information from the Forum only to get a nasty letter back.

Anyone any ideas what I do from here on. I am on Income Support because of illness so my income is very limited. Thank Krystyna

Attached a copy of the letter from Mrs Dawn Barlow

Thank you for your letter of the 8th March.I have now completed my enquiries into your concerns and I am in a position to reply fully.

I was sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction with the charges applied to your account .I understand from the letter that :

1) You feel that the charges you have inccured are contry to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999

2) You are unhappy with the amount of charges you have inccured as a result of being overdrawn and from returned items.

3) You have requested that all charges should be returned for the period that you have held an account with us.

When you become a customer, we give you details of any charges for the day to day running of your account.Details of these charges are also available from our branch staff, telephone helpline or our website.Banking can be completely free with us but we do allpy charges if a customer does not havae enough money in their account to meet the payment they have requested us to make.

You inccured charges because you did not ensure enough funds were in your account to cover payments set up by you. It is your responsibility to operate your account within agreed limits

As a business we are entitled to set charges to cover additional work.These charges are not hidden and are notified in the guide to banking charges leaflet we produce We advise our customers to ensure cleared funds are available in their accounts to meet payments due.

You accepted these terms when you opened your account and when you agreed your overdraft.We did not agree to pay your account in excess of the amount agreed without charges being made.

Although I appreciate that you will be disappointed.I am unable to agree with your request to refund all charges.We do expect your account to be run inline with the terms and conditions of its operation.This means you must ensure that cleared fundsare deposited in your accountthe working day before payments are due. If you do not feel able to run your account in accordance with the terms and conditions we mave have to consider withdrawing certain facilities, such as any Debit Cards Overdrafts and Cheque books.Alternatively you may wish to condsider alternative banking arrangments.

I hope that on reflection you will feel able to accecpt the bank's position. Whilst I will not be available to discuss your complaint for the next two weeks I know that my colleagues will be happy to address any further correspondance you may wish to forward to me in my absence.If we are unable to reach an agreement we will help you to refer your concern to the Financial Ombudsman Service for independant arbitration.

Yours sincerley

Dawn Barlow

I think it's a real person, I'm sure a previous poster actually spoke to him.

Then again, it could be a bloke down the pub told me that :wink:

Tha was me. Or I spoke to someone who said he was David Just!

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alison82

I have now filed my claim against Lloyds TSB FOR 997.77! Lets see what happens next!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alison82

Lloyds has Acknowledged my claim, I think they are intending to defend; their 28 days are up on the 25th. I'll keep you posted.

Guest Alison82

I have not heard anything since the acknowledgement, I just checked on the moneyclaim website and in the judgement box said start. Their last day was yesterday, do I wait for the courts to give me the go ahead in case they filed a defence last thing yesterday or do I just start the judgment now? I'm itching to go my finger is on the submit button now!

If they have forgot to file the defence then I would start the judgement.

Good Luck

Lloyds TSB

15/06/06 Settled in full

British Credit Trust

08/06/06 LBA Letter Sent

First National

30/06/06 Money Claim 6QZ55487

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks