Purplecat V's Barclays - Support Needed!

purplecatblack
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone!!! :-)

I started on my my case back in Sept (before I discovered this fab site)

I had been charged £2200 over the past 6 yrs!

Last week I filed my MCOL. I have had the notice of issue saying the defendant has until the 29th of Jan to reply. Up until now all the letters ect seemed pretty easy i'm now starting to panic that i'll get caught out by not knowing enough about the procedures and what to do.

Can anyone start by telling me in brief what I can expect next???

Thanks......

First, please start by reading the frequently asked questions.

Generally Barclays will file a defence at the last minute and the case will be transferred, usually to you local county court.

You will then get an allocation questionairre to complete.

Have a good look around the site and read other peoples threads, have a look at the successful ones for a guide on the full procedure.

Good luck

Hek

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Hek....

Well the notice of defence has been filed by barclays so just awaiting their final reply.. they have until Monday the 12th so I now want to prpare my Court Bundle.:confused:

I keep reading about the 'court bundle' can someone explain simply (in dippy blonde terms) what needs to be done. I have seen the link to the court bundle but do not understand what any of it means!! Do I print it all off?? or do i need to delete some stuff and add my own bits??

HELP!!! Arghhhh

I'm quite proud to get this far without too much help and now feel like i'm gonna get squashed by the non understanding bug!

hi

cant help too much as I have just started myself on A&L

- but i have read threads for all other banks as well and I think when you start litigation stage you can contact a moderator who will help ( thats what it says on Alliance and Leicester anyway) Also some of the people who have won have extra help on their threads so look on the forums of settled cases.

Sure someone will answer you soon anyway.

Best of luck

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

Basically the court bundle is all the evidence you have to make your case against them.

Evidence will include all your bank statements, (or whatever they sent you in response to the DPA request), showing the charges, the schedule of charges, all correspondence such as preliminary letter, LBA and any responses you have had from them, examples of case law, and statute law etc, that you will rely on to support your case.

Each item should be indexed for easy reference, eg, if all the letters are in Section 2, in date order, then each letter would be indexed 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc, etc

Preliminary Letter sent to Woolwich 05/06

LBA sent 19/06

Court claim filed 04/07 : Total £824.75

Acknowledgement of Service 27/07

Defence received 08/08

AQ filed 11/08

Barclays AQ filed 05/09

Hearing date 20/12

SETTLED IN FULL £840.49: 14/12/06

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone....

Well I have been given my court date for the 14th June. I will be on holiday the week before and not returning until the day before court. I hear they try to contact you days before the court date.

Should I call them at the end of May to discuss settlement ???

Any advice????

That should put the cat amongst the pigeon, if they try to get you in the days before and can't get hold of you, they'll be fair panicking when they finally get you! :lol:

Up to you, personally, I don't see why you should call them, after all, they're the ones in the wrong... But it's up to you... ;-)