They Want To Go To Court. What To Do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok I am taking on various companies and this one company has been very quick in replying to me. Got my DPA within a week, sent prelim letter and got a reply again within a week. What i want to know is what advise is there for a response? Shall i still send the Letter Before Action due to what they say in the letter? The company is called Cetelem by the way and they owe me £130 and it was a finance agreement for the laptop where i made late payments and they charged me £25 a time. When they say i defaulted they mean late with the payments that month. This account now has also been paid off.

Dear Mr Taylor

Your Agreement Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for you correspondence received May 2nd 2006, which has been passed to me to respond to.

Whilst we are aware that the Office of Fair Trading is looking into the charging of fees, as yet no directives have been issued or laws changed. It is our position that charges made against your account resulting from unpaid contractual monthly instalments, are legally correct and enforceable. By defaulting on your payments we were required to commmence collection activity.

We will not be refunding any fees charged. If you wish to take this matter to court, that is the matter for you and you alone. We will defend any action taken and will enter into no further correspondence regarding this matter, but will pass your County Court Summons to our solicitors to deal with

I trust this clarifies the matter.

Yours sincerely

Marie Moffatt

Head of Customer Services

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Vodafone To Remove Default Notices thread

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

Concluded Lloyds TSB 27/05/2006 Action Against LloydsTSB

Concluded Lloyds TSB for Girlfriend. 27/05/2006

Paid In Full Capital One £160 Settled

Paid In Full Capital One Sent 15/05/06 for £1372 for Girlfriend

Paid In Full Cetelem £130 Settled

Paid In Full The AA £400 Settled

Paid In Full First National £160 Settled

PDA LloydsTsb Credit Card Hand Delivered 26/04/06 £180

Yes still send the LBA - if only to show a court you gave them plenty of time - remind them that if it goes to court you will also claim court costs and interest on top

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Looks like they want to play "let's see who blinks first".

Send LBA. It's not there to make them change their mind, it's there to show a judge that you have made all reasonable efforts to keep out of court, they, on the other hand, are being very cavalier with the court system, by not even attempting dialogue. Big no-no.

I think that they just might of Blinked first lol. Sent them the LBA this morning but after they said that they would not enter any more correspondence with me but they have just rang to speak to me ;) though i didnt take the phone call. Bet they want to do me a deal or even be giving me a full refund :D

If you find this info useful please click on the scales in the bottom left corner of the thread :wink:

Paid In Full HSBC Was Claiming £3851.42 But Instead of Paying Me Decided to pay my £4900 Loan OffDG Solictors. Need Help

If you do decided to speak to them, be warned that they will try and deflect you. Keep strong, and if they start to put pressure on you, say that you are not prepared to continue the discussion and that you suggest they put any questions in writing - but that action will commence on ????, if they do not settle your claim.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Just had a response from Cetelem within the space of a week of my LBA :o Should i just go straight to moneyclaim now due to what they say in their letter?

Thankyou for your correspondence received May 5th 2006, which has been passed to me to respond to. ( This is who i sent it to in the first place so what she on about :S)

As previously stated we will not be refunding nor cancelling any fees charged against your account when you have been in breach of your signed contract by failing to make re-payments,monthly,by direct debit.

Therefore we will await your solicitors paperwork and deal with the issue through the courts. This matter is non negotiable and we will not continue to correspond in order to continually repeat our position

W trust this clarifies our position, again.

Yours sincerely

Marie Moffatt

Head of Customer Services

I would go straight to moneyclaim. They have written twice dismissing your attempts to resolve the matter so you have done all you can.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

I am currently filling out the moneyclaim form now but dont know if i can charge interest for them taking the money off me as this is money that would of been earning interest in my bank? They didnt charge me interest as such :S what it is, is like a loan for a laptop that i brought on credit. they charge you interest on how long and how much the loan is for? i am confused on this subject and also how i work out the actual ammount i could claim back.

These are the dates that they charged me and how much.... 11/01/2005 collection fees £20......... 08/02/2005 collection fees £20.......... 04/10/2005 collection fees £30......... 08/11/2005 collection fees £30.......... 09/01/2006 collection fees £30. Grand Total = £130. Want to issue this before 9am today will be logging back on at 8.30am to do it if anyone can help please before then.

MoneyClaim Filed :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks