advice please

andrenasr
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wonder if you could help me - I am in the process of making a claim to egg to get back my charges - one thing I am not sure about is Defaults - as far as I know I do not have any defaults - I have always paid my minimum payment on time and never missed a payment. I am not sure how defaults come about - could they default me for going over my limit? if they default you do they write to you and tell you and does this then stop your account and take your card back. All advice would be greatly received.

They can default you for ANY breach of terms by you on your account - however they MUST send you a "NOTICE OF DEFAULT" letter first - this is a legal requirement. If they did not, they have to remove the default notice.

A default notice will appear on your Credit Reference Report which you can get from Experian and Equifax (the two main UK credit reference agencies) for a small charge. It will clearly be marked "DEFAULT". Bear in mind that if you have a default notice you would probably be unable to open an account or get credit anywhere.

I would say that if you don't know what one is, you don't have one... but I guess it's worth checking.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

can yo9u help me... I have had my statements arrive from Barclays today showing my charges . What do I do next - ?/ Could someone kindly let me know how i work out the interest and which letter i send now to ask for this back.

thanks

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks