nationwide not payin

poochie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

still not had reply in response to my polite letter giving them 14 days to pay the rest of whats owing before i take them to court again....:confused: . I'm thinking they are getting tough with me and going to make me take them to court just to be spiteful....:rolleyes: .

What was it you said bout dummy and toys out the pram Suzy? You could be right girl :p

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: oh poochie

They'll just be delaying things trying to try and scare you and they'll be holding out until the last minute to make you sweat :evil: They are wee sleekit beesties ain't they lol.

But ... i'm sure you'll make them cowrin and timorous by the time you finish with them lmao.

Brilliant - keep up the good fight :wink:

Thank you :-)

I sent them letter on 11th November giving them 14 days to repay the balance owing. Their time is up on Saturday 25th November so if nothing in my account this week then I will be at the court building first thing Monday morning. I can also file my 4 claims at same time to recover what they owe me, instead of waiting on them settling one claim before starting the next so they better be ready for me to do battle again....The feckin sleekit gadgies>>>.

Hai poochie

Not long now :wink: - Just one thing though ... was it the man/woman at the court who told you about filing 4 claims at once? I'm a bitty worried because reading around the site advises other wise ...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/13879-i-am-going-court.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/scotland/7853-why-only-one-claim.html

just some food for thought for you.

It seems that the banks push for the claims to be submitted as one - with their argument being that they 'do not want to waste valuable court time running 4 claims' or say that the person is trying to abuse the system knowing full well their claim is over £750 but is dividing the claim up etc.

If you haven't already done so have a read of those links and around some others before making your final decision.

still no payment from nationwide and I doubt they are intending to pay up before saturdays deadline, so I am downloading forms from internet to go to court for next £750.

Have read thru the sites you gave me and can see your point so I will take your advice and do it in small claims court.

It was a lady at the court who gave me advice to submit all claims at same time but she also said another lady would call me back about summary claim and I never heard a thing from them again so I am takin your advice suzy but hopefully by saturday, they will have paid up. Thanks for all you advice and support...will keep you informed

Hello Poochie

Thought i'd drop you a quick line just now as i'm heading south for the weekend.

Just really wanted to say good luck, if not by Saturday then maybe they will pay out on Monday (fingers crossed :-)) and keep me posted on your progress.

Have a braw weekend yersel

Suze

thanks suzy, hope you have nice weekend.

I went to courthouse today and handed in my next claim and they say they will process it Monday if I don't phone before 2.30pm on Monday.

I doubt they will pay out, so I am ready for battle....Not looking forward to it but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do! :-x

Will keep you posted.

no reply from the nationwide so the claim for next amount has been lodged today and I am worried again....the waiting is the worst part :-x .

Why cant they see reason and just pay up to avoid court costs? seems pathetic and childish to me and very time consuming but I won't let them get away with it? they fleeced me so now they have to repay me...:rolleyes:

I am watching my account closely now but dont expect anything to show up till next week.

Will keep you informed.

hope ye had belter o weekend :smile:

Hi poochie

Wee buggers - was hopeing they would of seen sense ah well more lolly for you with the interest :-).

Belter of a weekend doesn't even begin to describe it lol - I was in a car crash on Friday whilst travelling South (I am ok), Saturday was a good day, checked out hotel on Sun and the receptionist said my card wouldn't auth but didn't know why coz she'd pre auth'd it already - she fought with bank for over an hour then discovered she hadn't put the start date of my card in lol but then overcharged me so she had to give me the cash difference so I had petrol money to get home.

Packed up my battered and bruised wee car to discover it had died so spent the next hour on the phone to my insurance and breakdown people then waited 2 hours on a tow truck to take me and the car back the 500 miles - got home around 3am after a 10 hour tow truck journey and spent today just vegging out ha ha ha. My car is now a total write off :sad: and I so need another mini break now lol.

And that's the short version ha ha ha - hope you had a good weekend yourself though.

Anyhoo ... enough about me ... good luck with claim number 2 - go get em tiger lol

och ya poor wee devil, waste o a holiday then wiz it no?:p , ye will be glad tae be hame. Thats the problem with holidays, ye need another to recover and on top o that, you will be needing new car etc? My thots are with ye in yer time o need but av nae cash so don't even think it? lol :D

I got letter fae nationwide saying they paid up on my claim so I need to inform the courts and if they can be of further assistance I have to get in touch(usual crap), anyway, I am assuming they mean they paid on my last claim because he made no reference to my posh letter about paying the rest of the £2000 they owed me before I go to court again.:x

Just waiting for this new claim to be acknowledged and then them paying up again so its the waiting game for me...again:-x

will keep you informed :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hai poochie pie

Sorry I have not been around much -- end of term exams and just general festivities lol oh and insurance forms to fill in for my car crash :rolleyes:

So whats the update? You got any good news for me? -- Ah go on ... cheer me up :p

You must be coming up to your 14 days now so hopefully they have paid out in full.

Speak to you later

Suzi :wink:

sorry suzy, been busy with health probz and kids and x-mas etc...

Anyway I put in forms to court for 2nd amount on Friday 24th November and still had no reply from court by Wednesday 6th December so I phoned court to find out why. I was told that the girl who was dealin with it was off and my documents were on her table sause she needed to ask me question when she got back...I was bloody furious and went to court on Thursday 7th December shoutin and screamin at their nonsense.. So thats basically it...They messed up and so I am now on waitin game since 7th December when I had to tick a box that I forgot...these people make me so bloody mad...it would have taken 1 phonecall but she decided it could wait till she got back from holiday...:-x I wasnt havin that and after shoutin and screamin in their office, they finally took notice and decided they best take my claim and sort in a.s.a.p.:razz:

Now I just have to wait.

I am helpin pal with claim for abbey so am away to do a post on abbey so if you can help, please feel free to reply...:D

will keep you upto date with this case tho:-x

Oh poochie

How infuriating :-x considering it could have been settled by now -- yes please do keep me up to date on your progress.

Good luck to you and your friend --

Nollaig chridheil agus bliadhna mhath ur (Merry christmas & Happy new year)

Suzi :wink:

• 4 weeks later...

I have already lodged court claim against nationwide and they paid up before it got to court:D

....I am on 2nd claim which was lodged beginin of december and mistakes were made by court people so I had to change the claim and the date for nationwide returnin defence to court is monday 22nd January.:(

...I am really scared cause I aint heard nothin since december, and it only took 2weeks for them to pay up the last time....why are they bein so pig headed this time and what do I do if it goes to court?:-x

...I have to phone court next tuesday to find out if they have lodged defence, but what do I need to take to court with me if they do????HELP!:o

• 2 weeks later...

I lodged my 2nd claim against nationwide in sheriff court in 1st week december 2006. Heard no word after 2wks so phoned court to be told we need to put more info on form(despite form havin same info as 1st claim) so we did that and we got a date of 22nd january as return date for nationwide to lodge defence but they didnt...I phoned court 3times cause they lost claim and didnt know if it had been served etc....:mad:

Anyway, they eventually found claim and said I would have to sign forms to re-serve the court action on nationwide etc....I was fumin cause my 1sr claim went without hitch but the lad who was doin 2nd claim didnt know what the heck he was doin and made mistake after mistake etc...I ended up phonin some lady at court who deal s with helpin people thru the process and explained all to her..She was astounded at the blunders...she got the papers re-served but she needed have bothered cause we got cheque from nationwide the next day, which means they got served the 1st time and are now about to be served the same action again due to the lad at court bein an idiot..:o

I now have to go to court to sign forms to dismiss the action they have served before I can do next claim...

I am just puttin this on the board so anyone else who gets this problem will know they aint alone...8-)

Why do the courts employ people with all the qualifications yet they make mistakes all over the place?:lol:

I hope no one has to go thru what I have..