Norty25 vs HSBC - Jan 07

Norty25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm totally new to this website - only found out about the possibility of re-claiming bank charges the other day but ws very interested as have been taken for a mug since 2001 by HSBC to the tune of £586.50 - not a fortune but the charges have infuriated me for years - go overdrawn by a few quid and get charged the earth!

Anyway, have decided to follow the steps recommended to try and get my money back (fingers crossed!)

I have been through my statements online and highlighted all the 'total charges' which has given me the number of £586.50

How do I know if these all relate to overdraft fees as it doesn't specify on the statement?

Also do I need to request the info under the data protection act even though I can access the info online?

Am in the process of reading through the FAQs and will be using the templates in the library (very handy) - it's taking a while though and I wanted a quick answer to these questions so I can get started - being all enthusiastic and raring to go!

Thanks for any help :)

welcome to the forum, my first advice would have been to read the faqs and step by step instructions but you seem to have been doing that already - good!

if you are certain you have all the statements from the last six years - then you don't need to do the data prot. letter.

my advice - start through the statement chronologically and mark everything with a DR next to it. then cross ref. with the list on this link

Charges description on statements - Please Read, then eliminate the ones you cannot claim for. do you think you have a lot of overdraft interest charges? if so, it may be best for you to do the advanced spreadsheet and include them - it can add up - if you don't think you need to do overdraft interest - use the simple spreadsheet, it will give you a total and also figure the 8% which you can add on at the claim stage and not before. just follow the steps, you won't go far wrong but i bet you find a few more besides the ones you already added up - maybe not - but get what is owed to you. it doesn't matter that it is a relatively small claim - it is yours to get back and you will. good luck - you've got your thread now - so keep track of what you've done - keep copies, send everything recorded delivery and ask if you need help.