14 days up

IVANHOE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mt 40 days since i requested info runs out tomorrow, they have sent last 17 months worth due to microfiche etc etc and did i want to continue, i responded imediateley that i did of course, have heard nothing since. what action can i take when the 40 days are up?

Report them to the Information Commisioners office for non complience.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

You will need to make an educated guesstimate of the charges incurred for the time you don't have statements. The best way is charges/month based on current, and then multiply by the other months.

The bank will then need to demonstrate that your figures are wrong (which they are likely to be) and also why they did not give you the information to calculate the actual charges when requested to do so...

But they still need to be reported for non-compliance when the deadline expires. Good luck.

• Confused 1

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent a request for payment of charges 14 days ago, it was estimated based on the 13 months statements they provided due to microfiche etc etc.

i have my second letter before action ready to post but before i do- they sent a letter yesterday saying i wasnt entitled to the further information but they would however forward it to me when they have retrived it from their archives.

should i give them any more time or post the second letter now??

The claim is for £4092.

The microfiche issue is addressed in the sticky at the top of the Abbey forum. It may be worth sending a letter based on that giving them 14 days to rectify the matter - at the same time you send the Letter Before Action. If they fail to respond in 14 days then let us know before issuing your claim - we may need to look at turning the heat up on them.

Thanks Alan

If they do eventually send information presumably i would need to re-calculate and start the request for paymant process again, giving them 14 days before 2nd letter etc?

I agree - no need to recalculate. If they wanted you to claim the correct amount then they should have provided you with the correct information to start with. However...IF they wish to demonstrate their recalculation in court...they would be welcome to do so...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I posted the letter before claim yesterday along with one regardi9ng microfiche as suggested. I have today recieved a letter from them (obviosly crossing in the post)

para-phrasing it states;

"Sorry to hear youre not happy.

its up to you to make sure theres enough money in account.

OFT announcement relates to credit card default charges not bank accounts.

all banks charge, you freely agreed to terms and conditions when you opened account.

we dont agree charges are disproportionate.

if claim goes to county court we may close account.

no refunds will be applied"

should i respond to this or wait for there, if any, response to my letter before claim?

is there any truth in there claim regarding the OFT announcement?

Their response seems to be final therefore I'd advise issuing your claim!

Settled Claims:

Abbey: £4025 Claimed 27/02/06 - Paid in full 19/06/06

NatWest: £4529 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 1/08/06

Halifax: £1150 lba 18/05/06 - Paid in full 07/06/06

Natwest CC: £420 Initial letter 25/07/06 - Paid in full 08/06

Woolwich: £1100 Paid in full 28/2/07 + Default removed

NatWest Pt 2: £1700 Claimed 10/05/06 - Paid in full 7/2/07 + Defaults removed

Current Claims:

Abbey Pt 2: £2300 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Alliance & Leicester: £1421 + adverse credit removal claimed 23/03/07

Refunds pending:

Capital Bank: Swift Advances: Halifax

Son's Refunds pending:

Abbey: HSBC

The OFT clarified their announcement that in their opinion the principles should also be applied to bank accounts, storecards etc.

You should wait the 14 days you gave them in the LBA and then issue your claim.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks