petewill19 v Nationwide

petewill19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Redsue. Just caught your posting as I was about to leave for the weekend. I'll try to sort something out shortly, otherwise it will be monday if that's OK. Thanks for the support and I hope all goes well for you with your claim(s) too.

Hello petewill19!

A lot of Claimants may shy away from the 'Fast Track' cos of the costs element.

However, as long as U are confident of your C.I. argument, it has its advantages.

The main one is that U are able to remain on the front foot by insisting Nationwide Disclose their internal processing Charges to the open Court.

Know of any that have done this, without caving in and Settling in Full beforehand do U???...lol...:D

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Thanks again for the encouragement MTM!! Redsue - I've accessed my claim at moneyclaim.gov.uk but for some reason can't view the pdf of my claim form at the mo. Maybe mcol havn't processed it that far yet although it is now showing as 'issued' and confirmed by letter. As soon as I can access it I will transfer the wording exactly as I completed it and post it here.

I was following another thread earlier concerning Contractual Interest and it would seem that there is a lot of heated discussion on this topic. Some people it seems are now opting for the easy route and reverting to claiming for S.69 8% just because someone questions the validity of CI claims.:confused: IMHO I wouldn't be surprised that someone somewhere in NW has access to these threads and they will be following all these arguments with great interest. If they detect a weakening trend I'm sure they will capitalise on it. I feel we've got to stick at it and, as has been stated, 'United we stand, divided we fall!!'

As soon as I can access it I will transfer the wording exactly as I completed it and post it here.

many thanks petewill19 - much appreciated

that someone somewhere in NW has access to these threads and they will be following all these arguments with great interest. If they detect a weakening trend I'm sure they will capitalise on it. I feel we've got to stick at it and, as has been stated, 'United we stand, divided we fall!

The lovely Sam Phipps told me a while back that they read this site.

I wonder what on earth they are paying Mr Bacon for then? ;)

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

Hi again. Redsue - my apologies but I've not been able to download the pdf file of my claim from the MCOL site. It may be a restriction on my work network so I'll have to grab a few minutes on the PC at home - not always easy but I'll try!!

On checking MCOL today, my claim has been acknowledged (27/2) so I'll be sending off the Schedule of Charges to NW. Won't be too long now I hope!!

The lovely Sam Phipps told me a while back that they read this site.

Well there's a surprise..lol. I guess they are getting a bit overwhelmed now with the current flood of claims to deal with. There will certainly be a lot more postings to read on this forum that's for sure.

Thanks Petewill - don't worry about the POC - just do it whenever you get the opportunity - I think with all the media coverage over the week or two the banks will be soooo busy - ha ha - its about time they did some work for the money they charge ;)

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

• 3 weeks later...

Having had my claim acknowledged on 27th Feb, I have been checking my account on-line daily for the last two weeks, sometimes twice and three times a day more recently and following other threads on a similar time line to mine. Started to get a bit worried when nothing had appeared at the end of last week and others were getting paid......... Well, after 3 weeks, to the day, all my charges, interest @ 8% plus court fee were credited to my account late yesterday. Wow what a relief!!!!

But..........this now leaves the contractual interest @ 24.9% element of my claim. I am going to hold off for a few days now, read a lot more and give this some serious thought!! I have been following other threads on this increasingly contentious issue and although I have been pretty determined to pursue the full amount previously. I'm now not so sure. There have been some very well argued submissions on this topic recently on both sides of the fence. I find myself sitting very nervously on the fence tending to topple to the side arguing that the NWide are paying all but CI on such claims going through the court process at present and that courts are now likely to throw out claims for CI. In my case the total claim including CI was over 6K and had to go through 'fast track'. If I was to continue with my claim for the whole amount including CI (having rejected the NWides settlement figure which equates to charges + s69 interest @ 8% + court costs) there is now, in my opinion, a high risk that I would be liable for NWides costs if my claim didn't succeed.

Having put in the POC that I would be prepared to accept the s69 8% interest 'in the alternative' Nationwide seem to be prepared to go to court to argue that 24.9% CI is in effect 'punitive'.

I'm sure that there will be plenty more postings on this topic and I will continue to follow them all with interest.

For the time being -------it's victory (part 1)

Thanks to all who have helped me get to this stage and good luck to the rest of you who are still processing your claims.

petewill

WELL DONE!!!no more bank checking just spending enjoy!!! xx

PLEASE HELP OTHERS, WHEN YOU WIN YOUR CLAIM GIVE A LITTLE BACK

Nationwide **WON**- £3,880.00 14/03/07

Nationwide Claim 2 LBA sent 13/03/07