The End Of Bank Charges !!!

Destinyofsouls
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6355 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The OFT have annoubced that they will ban the charges from banks later this year.

HSBC have changed their o/d charges. They will now charge a ' overdraft fee of up to £25 for going over the o/d limit' ( Is that not the same with a different title?)

RBS- Nat west have put up their o/d interest rate to 17.44 % & LLoyds TSB to 18.3 %.

The banks will introduce new 'fees' to combat the increasing number of people claiming back charges, or will no longer have any kind of overdraft in place.

What are your thoughts? I am gutted! I was enjoying getting my own back at these people

Guest NATTIE

The OFT cannot ban charges. The HSBC attempt is to disguise charges as a service. NatWest have increased overdraft fees. Just so you are aware even if the OFT could ban fees it does not stop people claiming them back prior to any alleged ban. I am sure that empowerment has led to people not having as many charges on their account as before. But hey no charges means better mood of customers hurrah:D

So do you think the 'o/d arrangement fee' from HSBC would still be classed as 'unlawful'?

Surely as well, just an increase in o/d rate of int. is no big deal as long as it is paid off relatively quickly? Much cheaper than £30 each time?

But what will they do about bouncing cheques, refusing D/D's and so on?

Overdraft arrangement fees have always been classed as lawful.

The OFT has the power to take out injunctions to prevent the banks using unfair terms.... but as yet has not done so... hence the protest on 1st of December!

Hope this helps

Zoot

Guest The Terminator
Overdraft arrangement fees have always been classed as lawful.

The OFT has the power to take out injunctions to prevent the banks using unfair terms.... but as yet has not done so... hence the protest on 1st of December!

Hope this helps

Zoot

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=427046&in_page_id=1770.

If only I could write what im thinking at the moment

Isn't it amazing reading that link that those that have never had a financial problem have no idea and no sympathy for those that have? Its such a good reflection of our society - thanks Mrs Thatcher for making us all such selfish so and sos :)

You know, I can't think of a single one that has taken any sort of action on this front at all. Can you? ;)

HSBCLloyds TSBcontractual interestNew Tax Creditscoming for you?NTL/Virgin Media

Never give in ... Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy. Churchill, 1941