alanfromderby HFC - CCA(1974) Disclosure Offence Committed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, only just come across this. Dealing with the second part of this first, the likelihood of a county court judge accepting such an argument is very remote, as they tend to look at things on a holistic basis. If they feel that someone is trying to get out of a contractual obligation on a technicality, they are generally not very sympathetic.

Whilst you may feel you have a legitimate case (and I am not saying you haven't), you do need to be aware of the risks, and I would advise having a good read through the numerous similar cases within the Debt and DCA forums.

On the first point, the judge has powers under the CPR to award costs where he feels that a party is proceeding with a case that is unreasonable. This is, of course, a matter of opinion for the individual District Judge.

There are also numerous potential costs listed in CPR 27(2) which apply to Small Claims Track, some of which would be applied for by the defendant's solicitors.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alan,

No worries about the delay, my case is still proceeding slowly through... I am pursuing two banks, and have one hearing on 20th Dec and am waiting on a date on the other.

I do truely appreciate your views and understand your arguements, I just hope any judge will also see the common sense (even Litigant view) where surely a creditor should hold the proof of evidence of the debt until satisfaction. In my two cases both have conveniently now said the debts do not exist and therefore no proof required...shame I have evidence to show otherwise so I (cross fingers) do not expect either to show up in court, but you never know.

I would apprecaite it if you could have a read through my Woolwich thread (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/111018-penfold-barclays-woolwich-no.html) and PM me any points I may have missed or your views on it.

Thanks,

Penfold

Penfold

(feel free to click the scales on the left if I said something that helps)

Due to recent issues I have had....

All posts written by me and involving my opinions and written without any legal knowledge are....

Without Prejudice

• 1 year later...

I stumbled upon this thread from a search engine when looking for something else. I "pinched" your letter and used it on an account that Royscot Finance had sold to Wescot. RESULT!! £5200 written off immediately, because they couldn't produce the documents. They gave up without a fight and, to quote their letter to me, "we have closed the account and no more correspondence will be sent to you regarding this matter." I have just sent the same letter to Abbey (£1500) and although they supplied the documents, they can't prove the balance, so it looks like this may go the same way. You people are fantastic!:-)

• 9 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5521 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks