Can I/we claim back charges on more than one account in one go?

Stroker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

My wife has a current account as do I, plus we also have a joint account, all three with barclays and all three have charges we wish to claim back. Can I/we claim for all charges to all three accounts in one letter or would it be advisable to write three separate letters?

Only the joint has both our names, but either of us can use it without the signature of the other.

If we are to claim for all three accounts together should we list the totals separately?

I have read all the faq so pardon me if this has been covered before, as I must have missed it.

We have recived copies of bank statements for the past five years, April 01 to date, for each account. I've since read here that we can claim as far back as six years so we will request the statements from April 2000 to April 2001. I have put this data into the XL spreadsheet and found our total charges. Please could someone confirm that in the initial letter we are not to claim for interest, only the total of the charges.

Thanks.

One of you can claim for your personal account and the joint account (assuming you only need one signature for transactions) - but the other will have to be by the account holder. Of course, if it comes to the claim hitting the £5,000 county court limit then it would be best to split them anyway.

Thanks. :)

I'll claim for my current account first.

It's the least amount £335, see what their reaction is. Should I include the interest, £78.87?

The total of all three would be less than 5k even if interest were included.

That can only be claimed under section 69 of the County Court Act - you cannot claim it prior to escalating to a court claim.

It is essential that you read through the FAQ's, and the step-by-step guide before you start the process. I would also advise reading through the Barclays thread for a couple of days.

That can only be claimed under section 69 of the County Court Act - you cannot claim it prior to escalating to a court claim.

It is essential that you read through the FAQ's, and the step-by-step guide before you start the process. I would also advise reading through the Barclays thread for a couple of days.

That's as I thought. But the line is included in the initial letter that's what confused me.

What I require

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX

I've read the faq's and several pages of the barclays forum as well as many other pages, it's on going.

You can claim interest on charges where you have been in o/d and you can identify the interest accrued by each individual charge. If your account goes between credit and o/d it can be a real pain to calculate - and generally not worth the effort.
I've been over draw pretty much all the time, within an agreed overdraft excluding where the charges were incurred due to me going over.

I thought the spread sheet was working out the interest that had been/could have been charged.

It's not that much, I just wanted to do it right.

Why is the above line included in the letter?

Thanks btw.

It's included because you can claim the interest that the bank has charged you on those charges - but only if you can identify the exact amount of interest that they have charged.

If you have been permanently in o/d then use your average o/d interest rate, divided by 365, multiplied by the number of days each charge accrued interest.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6609 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks