Little Lil V Hsbc

doo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6283 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apart from yelling at them down the phone and being transferred to different people, i have only just sent them a letter demanding that they pay me back everything they have taken, and charges they are about to take or i'll take them to court. They really have chosen the wrong person to mess about - i will 100% take them to court. What they havent bothered to consider is christmas has only just gone (not a cheap time of year) and the act that i have majorally reduced my overdraft. I'm thinking of moving alliance and leicester as they seem to be highly recommended in the financial guides i have viewed. Natwest are ok - i had a joint account with them, however because of circumstances at the time, they would not allow me to close the account without all signatures, so at the mo, i have a dead account and am still receiving statements from them (from over 2 years ago).

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be all that twisting around in the tardis lol. You are certainly a friendly lot on the HSBC forum, will keep posting as I will definately need help later if I file court claim, did not get that far with Halifax as they agreed to charge amount a couple of days before I was due to file court action.... Happy days.

Now have all statements, tomorrow will do prelim letter and spreadsheet, but just a quick question - daughter wants to claim for interest debited from her account - is that OK to do that, they are not all big amounts but they soon add up.

Can someone please post me up an address to send prelim letter, would like to get it in the post this morning and can't decide which address would be best as there are quite a few in the list on here.

Thanks for getting back quickly, had already checked this thread for address but there are 2 for leeds, 1 for sheffield and 1 for london, as this is my daughters claim am not up to speed with correct one as have had no dealings with hsbc before. Which one do you think I should use.

Thanks for that livelylad, I rung them this morning and am pleased to say your name and address checks out word for word, had to rush as only had lunchtime to post letter, many thanks for help.

• 2 weeks later...

Update, daughter has received letter saying they are looking into this, lol. LBA being sent tomorrow along with updated spreadsheet. If anyone has any views on what is likely to happen next please post.

small problem, am trying to update spready to todays date for interest purposes (that is overdraft interest) is only a small amount but my daughter wanted to claim for every last penny, surely this should change slightly from two weeks ago.

The spreadsheet that I used does not seem to be in vamps chambers any more - it was the one where you put down all interest (green and yellow columns) that you were charged by the bank. If I can't find a solution will have to send original one I sent with prelim. Any help appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

update - have not filed mcol yet - got letter this morning but it is £150 short of full amount, daughter is trying to ring them to try and push for full amount - otherwise it's mcol. Just cannot get through on the phone, it says you are in a queue - do you really have to wait over an hour now to get someone to answer?

oh yes, several have - there just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to who gets offers - full or partial - and who doesn't. it's certainly worth a try to talk to them - are you trying the number on the letterhead?

mind you, while you are busy - you aren't filing your claim - maybe this is another stalling tactic.

On the letter offering £709 there was no number so we took the phone number from an earlier letter that just said they were looking into the matter. We just cannot get through - you can be in the queue for nearly an hour and all you get is bloody music. Number we rang was 08456 028006, the offer was about £150 short of full charges. If anyone has a better number to try can you post.