telephone hearing - and beyond

soldier girl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6329 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Glenn :D

I think the problem is that I have seen so many get their settlement that now the process has started with my own claim I want to make doubly sure I'm on the boil!

As you imply, if Mr. A claims to have no knowledge of a fact so crucial then why is he doing the job in the first place.

Mind you, over the weekend, I received a letter from Abbey saying they had done a full investigation etc etc but that they would be happy to supply the details of my account for the past six years on receipt of the appropriate fee!!!!! Bearing in mind that I recieived all these details way back when (July last year to be exact) and that my case is now at Allocation stage, it really shows us that the right hand (supposedly!) does not know what the left one's doing!!

SG ;)

:rolleyes:

LMAO :D

He also had the cheek to say that as it hadn't been to court yet why should Abbey pay the Stat 69 interest! (bearing in mind that the claim had already been made)

I pointed out that I was perfectly happy for it to go to court :)

SG

Today I received a letter dated 22/01/07 (this was the date of the original allocation hearing which was postponed till Feb). It was entitled Default of Payment and gave details of the outstanding amount on my account (£1,030.09 after GOGW payment).It also said that my account would be closed once the balance had been cleared (I'm weeping in my cornflakes!)

Initially I thought it was from a separate concern as the heading was DMRS Sheffield (Debt Management and Recovery Services LTD) however at the bottom of the letter it says that DMRS is part of Abbey National PLC and their registered office is in Milton Keynes. I telephoned them and read the riot act so to speak, but my question is this:

Are they covering themselves against any action being taken (Data Pro Act) regarding passing info to a third party insofar as the recovery company is part of Abbey itself?

I want to take further action but want to know what I'm talking about. Also, bearing in mind that part of my claim is to have any default removed this may be academic but these people soooooo pee me off!

SG

Just confirmed that the default has not been put on account as one would be lead to believe by the way the letter was set out.

Had a phone call from Inga Kirkman to make full and final settlement (will celebrate once the money is all mine!). After all my worry about telephone allocation etc there was nothing to worry about!!

Had a letter this morning part detailing the settlement (and of course denying any liability) part of which says "We will now write to the court requesting that the telephone directions hearing be vacated"

The hell they will!! I am about to ring them pointing out that it is not their position to do this; the case is not their's to steer! I will say that I will contact the court once the cheque has been honoured and until that time, as far as I am concerned the case is still active!!

Any ho we shall see what happens and how long it takes for the lovely cheque to arrive :D

SG x

Received lovely cheque in full ! Have been on a bit of a bender:D Hic!!

I will now be able to buy my grandchildren the presents that Santa couldn't bring them because the court elves needed the money for claim and allocation fees.

Thankyou so much everyone for your help, support and discussion.Donation on route to CAG.

"If you think you are too small to make a difference try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito" (African proverb)

SG (Kim) XXXXXXXXXX