'Charge Recovery' Companies

Bilgeman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You will have seen that, in the mould of such people as Claims Direct and their like, there are 'companies' springing up offering no win-no fee assistance with claiming back bank charges. My immediate reaction is 'vultures' but, giving them the beneift of the doubt, I wondered if there's anyone here who thinks that there might be occasions when it's ok. In the situation where someone doesn't feel confident enough, despite all the help avaialble here, to take on the bank themselves. You could say if they aren't prepared to put in the work and follow it through then they don't deserve to get their money back. There are, however, people who are terrified of anything that involves or may involve Courts and those who simply haven't got the confidence to proceed. I'd be interested to get the views of anyone on here. Happy Christmas, everyone.

Merry Xmas morning Bilgeman!

Here's a link to a post where your topic was discussed not so many moons ago!...lol:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/50651-no-win-no-fee.html

Hope U find it useful?!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

(Jules Winnfield)

Guest ian cognito

Merry Christmas! Here's another one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/52113-lets-help-more-people.html

You will notice that this guy uses this site for support then charges people to get their money back which isn't really on, fair enough if there's demand but if you're going to provide a service like this, you should have researched your subject sufficiently to not need a site like this where people selflessly give their own time to offer support.

• 1 month later...

Way back in september my partner allowed a company ADS(Advanced Debt Solutions - Debt Management, Debt Consolidation, Debt Help) to begin proceedings on our behalf , we signed an agreement to pay them 25%of recovered money.when it came to court the banks defence was that ADS did not have the right to action in regards to the recovery of the money(fair enough) so ads asked if we would sign a deed of assignment allowing them to take action ,i agreed only to find that in this deed they did not just want the right to action but the rights to all claims to compensation .I told ADS that i was not prepared to sign away my rights to any money as this deed would do if i signed it.i asked why they wanted more than just the right of action as i had already signed an agreement to pay them 25% . Their answer was that they had had trouble getting paid by individuals and that it was harder to get money from individuals than buisnessess.At this i laughed and said that if this deed was changed to just rights of action then i would sign it their answer was that it could not be changed as it was a legal document and they would not change it , to which i replied that i could not their sign their deed as i believe it to be an unfair contract and that if they were not prepared to change the deed that i would like them to stop all actions.I am not sure if it was a [problem] or what but now i am not sure how to advance with my claim ,i mean its already in the courts although ADS failed to advance me the defences of the banks from my accounts bar one

Yesterday i phoned the courts concerned with the cases ,to my surprise:shock: i found that the court had struck off one of the cases as ADS didnt have the right to action etc on the on the 29th december:idea: and ADS canceled the other case on the 18th January but on the 22nd Jan they tried to get me to sign a deed of assignment to give them all rights to action and claims to compensation .so it appears that they were planning on starting up the claim at a latter date once i had signed over my rights to them and i would not have had a clue what had happened :-x .I am seeking legal advice as to wether this is a criminal offence (attempted fraud/deception).Also the courts are sending me the papers i need to take over where ADS left off at a small cost (£65) so fingers crossed all is not lost.I've also e-mailed watchdog about what seems a new [problem] .because this is a debt management company they seem to target those least able to afford this loss of what rightly should be their's:-x so hopefully i can throw a spanner in the works of any company trying this con.