UKPC DCBL - PCN 2019 - now claimform - McDonald's Gelderd Road Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you haven't printed it yet, open the SAR template, write at the top "Firstly, please note that I no longer live at XXXXX and that my new address is XXXXX".  Then just go on with the SAR template.

Stick in some I.D. such as a Council Tax bill otherwise they will use lack of I.D. as an excuse not to comply.

As dx says, you need to write to anyone else you may be in legal dispute with to give your new address, otherwise all they have to do is send a claim form to your old address like Parking Eye did and you're stumpted.

Make sure the DVLA know your new address for your licence and any vehicle(s) you own.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

Aren't you jumping the gun?

They still have 22 days to respond.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

54 minutes ago, mrk1 said:

But interestingly enough sent about 15 other ‘incidents’. I used to run a shop in a shopping centre. And I was told by management I couod park under the centre. Long story short is ukpc kept putting tickets on and I refused to take notice.

You know what happens when you move and you don't tell the people you're in legal dispute with your new address.

However, UKPC do say they have updated your address.

30 minutes ago, mrk1 said:

I am guessing the other 10 to 12 incidents of older vehicle are dead now. Cause I have never received any invoices from dirty DCBL about that. And I’d go to hell before I pay them anyway. 

And exactly why are you "guessing" that?

You've been here a long time now, you're highly experienced with these disgusting fleecers and with the law.

You know full well that they have six years in which to issue a claim.

As this is an older vehicle, you'd better send a short letter to UKPC, with free Certificate of Posting from the post office, quoting whatever reference you have, and give them your new address.  Otherwise you might easily end up with a CCJ for over two grand.

And do the same with anyone else you might be in legal dispute with - as we keep telling you.

The most important page of the lot is the original PCN.

We need to see what it was issued for, and if the fleecers respected legal timescales when they sent it out.

But we can't do any of that, because instead of reading the simple upload guide you've put a mound of pieces of paper over it, blanking out not only your details but all the stuff we need to see - the date you parked, the date the charlatans sent their invoice, the time you entered the car park, the time you left, etc.

15 hours ago, mrk1 said:

Im not computer illiterate.

I, on the contrary, am computer illiterate.

The first time I uploaded something I was sure it would go wrong.  Yet, amazingly, I got it right, simply because the person who had prepared the upload guide had written clear instructions.  Clear even for a dumbo like me.

Conclusion - click on upload and follow the instructions, as dx keeps saying.

As for the 17-minute "overstay".  The fleecers own trade association allows 10 minutes to get out of the car park.  The government Code of Practice allows five minutes at the start to read the signs and 10 minutes to get out of the car park at the end.  Then there's the matter that you were there at a time of peak traffic and it could have taken longer to get away.

As it's such a short "overstay" you could write to the CEO of McDonalds to try to get it cancelled         https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8918&c=Mcdonald's Restaurants Limited-CEO  Lay it on thick about being a genuine, and regular, customer.  I don't think McDonalds are generally very cooperative with these things, but, hey, nothing ventured ...

Attachment hidden.

As well as the parking times, the other important detail is when the fleecers sent you their bilge  You were in McDonalds on 18.10.2019.  What date did they send their letter?

PDFs swapped.

Your registration was showing on the last page but I've sorted that.

I don't know how you expect people to help you when you upload what looks like an expressionist painting covered in bits of paper and full of red lines obscuring important details, instead of, er, reading a simple upload guide.

dx, pretty sure the letter is 24 October 2019.

The manager is lying to you.

Time to stop being nice.  Reply that the fact that an uninterested third party has written a letter is neither here nor there.  McDonald's are the organ grinder, they called in UKPC, and if they don't cancel the invoice you will add them as a Third Party to any court action.

And given this manager is a waste of space, also get on to the CEO  https://ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-8918&c=Mcdonald's Restaurants Limited-CEO

You can't force him but you can embarrass him and be a total pain the in the backside so that from his point of view it's just easier to cancel it and get rid of you.

You've tried phoning, you've got nowhere, time to put things down formally, legally in writing.  Call him, get an e-mail address, and come back here.

OK, how about this -

Dear XXXXX,

Re: PCN no. XXXXX

I refer to our recent telephone conversations regarding a demand for £160 from your agents UK Parking Control Ltd.

I am most disappointed to have received this bill, with threats about court action, for an alleged "overstay" of just 17 minutes during which I and my party were consuming food and drink, which surely is what McDonald's want. 

I am a regular customer of your restaurants.

Its is completely untrue that the invoice cannot be cancelled because it "has gone to debt collection".  All that means is that an uninterested third party which does not own the debt has sent a single threatening letter.

It is McDonald's who called in UK Parking Control Ltd., you are the organ grinder, and you can tell this company to cancel the invoice if you want to.

I have tried to be polite about this matter, and I thank you for your time, but let it me make it quite clear I refuse to pay this sum and should UK Parking Control Ltd. commence court action, which seems likely, I will add your company as a Third Party to the claim.

All this unpleasantness could easily be avoided if you simply told your agents to cancel this bill.

Yours,

Check it for accuracy, see what the other regulars have to say this afternoon, then send off this evening.

And as well as that, as we keep saying, e-mail McDonald's CEO.

This local manager may have very little power, so, belt & braces, get on to the big guns too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrk1 said:

Who gave me a ccj last time then? 

But there is a legal process.

The fleecers have to formally threaten legal action with a Letter of Claim.

Then they have to issue a claim form.

After they have to win the court case.

If by some freak they did all that, as long as the motorist paid within 30 days, there would be no CCJ.

CCJs are only given to people who, having lost in court, defy the court and still refuse to pay.

That's why we harp on about updating car log books, etc., so you don't miss the whole court procedure and end up with a CCJ by default.

1 hour ago, honeybee13 said:

DCBL can't take you to court. I see FTMDave is hovering, I'll let him tell you.

LOL, HB.

I was at work unfortunately, but as the computer is always on it'll have seemed I was hovering!

On a break now so i can scribble at last.

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Tell us more please. What happened last time?

Is there a thread to link us to?

I think it's this HB -

• 3 weeks later...

Have you had a reply from (a) the local McDonald's manager or (b) McDonald's CEO?

Of course the CEO of McDonald's won't read your mail.

The CEO's team will though and may well help you out.

We have had loads of PCNs cancelled after e-mails to the CEO.

But if you prefer not to even try and choose instead to be taken to court, then fine, your choice.

Just lay it on thick about being a genuine, and regular customer.  Attach any proof of payment.

Add that you've contacted the local manager but s/he refused to help you.

Just keep it simple. 

The idea might fail miserably, but it's just an e-mail and surely worth a try.

As written on your other thread:

1.  Presuming you don't have this paperwork, and presuming they don't formally know your new address, SAR UKPC today (not DCBL) and add a new first paragraph "Firstly, would you kindly note that I no longer live at XXXXX, my new address is XXXXX".  Get that off today 1st class with a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.

2.  This evening knock up a draft of a snotty letter.  There are loads on the forum.

3.  This evening explain to us, succinctly, how you got these five invoices.

Ignore the above.

With two threads there was just some confusion, that's all.

Thanks for being so clear about what happened at the shopping centre.

dx is right.

Just composing something now.

Sorry to hear this.

McDonald's have never been particularly cooperative with parking tickets.

However, I would write again, given some companies have a policy of fobbing off the motorist with a first contact but then giving in to those who continue.

Send this but don't get your hopes up.

Dear XXXXX,

Re: PCN no. XXXXX, McDonald's Gelderd Road Leeds

thank you for your e-mail of XXXX regarding a demand for £160 from your agents UK Parking Control Ltd.

I am most disappointed to have received this bill, with threats about court action, for an alleged "overstay" of just 17 minutes during which I and my party were consuming food and drink, which surely is what McDonald's want. 

I am a regular customer of your restaurants.

I see the excuses change continuously.  The branch manager "couldn't" get the invoice cancelled because it "had gone to debt collection".  All that means is that an uninterested third party which does not own the debt had sent a single threatening letter.

Now you are "unable to deal with any specifics or cases on an individual basis".  Rubbish!  This is not a "fine" as you erroneously state, it is an invoice from a private company, a private company that you called in.  Of course you are able to call your dogs off. 

Regarding the appeals procedure, I am outside the timeframe for appealing as I never received the paperwork due to moving.  However, that is not the main point.  You are the organ grinder, and you can tell this company to cancel the invoice if you want to.

I have tried to be polite about this matter, and I thank you for your time, but let it me make it quite clear I refuse to pay this sum and should UK Parking Control Ltd. commence court action, which seems likely, I will add McDonald's as a Third Party to the claim.

All this unpleasantness could easily be avoided if you simply told your agents to cancel this bill.

Yours,

As I say, don't get your hopes up.  But nothing ventured ...

• 2 weeks later...

I take it no help from either local or national McDonald's?

What a disgrace McDonald's are.

At least you tried.