Booster Ariel from Argos

cheddar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a booster indoor ariel from Argos about 2 weeks ago for my step daughter and got round to faffing about with it today. It was to help the freeview signal in her bedroom as she doesn't seem to pick up all the channels.

Well we tried it and it picks up hardly anything at all, in fact the 99p rabbit ears that are currently in there picks up 4 times as many channels. Where do I stand? It cost me £14.99 and said it will specifically boost FV channels!!!!!!

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Return it for a refund if it is not doing what it says on the box - if they argue threaten them with Trading Standards. If they still won't budge....contact Trading Standards.

Alan, Derby, UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Sorry, but I cannot deal with your case by PM - please ask questions in your own thread. If you do not get a reply within 48 hours send a PM, with a link to the relevant thread, to any Site Team Member.

DO NOT SEND QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CLAIM TO ADMIN, or our WEBMASTER - YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REPLY.

Advice given is purely my opinion, and is not based on any legal training.

Yes just return it. I have found with Argos, if they kick up a fuss, ask for the Manager. Make sure you go in on a busy Saturday though. worked with my Freeview box I returned and it was marked in the catalogue as a non-returnable item. The manager didn;t come but i got a refund.

What;s that saying... erm, "the custoer is always right?"

also, try getting an aerial with gain control on, these are really good.

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

In Argos advised you to use a booster, it would be incorrect advice! The correct way to improve a picture on freeview is to use a decent aerial. There used to be a phrase with computer programmers "GIGO" - Garbage In Garbage Out - same applies to aerial amplifiers

It is an actual aerial not a booster, sorry! Anyway I will take it back this week and see what they say!

Thanks for the help guys.

PS what is gain control?? Can anyone help out with a good aerial, don't want to spend a fortune though! This one that didn't work cost £14.99. TIA

Ex CAG helper ^_^

...marked in the catalogue as a non-returnable item...

There is no such thing. All items are returnable to point of sale within a reasonable time frame from purchase under the Sale of Goods and Services Act, if they are (a) unfit for the purpose stated at the time of sale, or (b) faulty. Make sure you stand up for your legal rights and remind them of their legal responsibilities.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Ex CAG helper ^_^

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks