Highview/DCB(L) ANPR PCN claimform - Overstay - Catford Island Retail Park 2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am trying to help a good friend of mine fight a claim issued by the private land operators. He has never replied to any letters and now has a claim against him. He signed up to the MCOL website, not sure what he should put in there to appeal the claim. Please help.

1 Date of the infringement 20/10/2019

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] unsure

[scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s

3 Date received 04/08/2023

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] unsure

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? unsure

6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] never had any correspondence

7 Who is the parking company? Highview parking

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Catford Island Retail Park

For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under.

BPA

Highview Claimform (1).pdf

You've hidden the issue date on the claim form.  What is it?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Highview/DCB(L) ANPR PCN claimform - Catford Island Retail.

please complete this:

and get and scan up ALL THE LETTERS HE HAS HAD TO DATE bothsides to one mass PDF 

read upload carefully please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

While waiting for the vital information above, let's be crystal clear about something.

Your friend has made a big mistake in not replying to their Letter of Claim.  The parasites thought that your friend therefore would not reply to a claim form, and they would get a CCJ by default. 

Your friend, to an extent, brought this upon themselves by their non-involvement with the case.  And it seems the non-involvement is continuing.  Why are you dealing with this rather than the person directly involved?  This "on behalf of stuff", as well as making us and you work twice as hard, is fertile ground for wires getting crossed, confusion, legal deadlines missed, legal arguments misunderstood and eventual defeat.

Let's have your mate here dealing with their own case please.

Edited by FTMDave
Rubbish advice from me corrected
  • Like 2

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

He is having a life crisis going through a bad divorce. I thought I help the guy out. Someone also uninsured crashed into the back of his car last week and tried driving off:(

But you are correct, the info could be crossed/misunderstood if too many parties are involved. I will advised him to make a new post.

20 hours ago, FTMDave said:

You've hidden the issue date on the claim form.  What is it?

04/08/23

• Like 1

4 August gives ample time to defend the claim.

He needs to go here  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/451401-cpm-anpr-pcn-claimform-the-atlip-centre-ealing-road-alperton-wembley-london-hao-4lw/#comments  look at post 7 and follow the instructions.

Once that urgent stuff is done please come back here and we can get on with the rest.

I'm sorry to hear about your mate's personal problems, but the court won't give a toss.

20 hours ago, dx100uk said:

please complete this:

and get and scan up ALL THE LETTERS HE HAS HAD TO DATE bothsides to one mass PDF 

read upload carefully please

get this done please and we will help

till then we are shooting in the dark

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I asked him to reply but the the guy is so down at the moment.

I will try help him as much as I can.

He isn't very clued up on these things or computer capable.

I signed up to MCOL and followed the instructions. 

I have also printed CPR 31 letter ready for the post tomorrow.

I have also re scanned and posted the pdf

He told me he overstayed and ignored all the letters:(

2023-08-04 Claimform.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Highview/DCB(L) ANPR PCN claimform - Catford Island Retail Park 2

can please complete the Q&A in my last post

we cant ever be expected to advise PROPERLY without that info easily at hand in a post.

its why we do the sticky Q&A, save searching multiple PDF files

and they

2 hours ago, chinoky said:

He told me he overstayed

For how long?  Where?  When?

It was certainly a long time ago as the fleecers have invented £55 interest on top of £70 Unicorn Food Tax.

Sadly with no information it will be impossible to draft a defence and on 5 September he will have to pay all these made-up charges to the fleecers.

Chinoky please tell you friend that the way they are going will end up losing in Court and facing a bill of around £280. Overstaying is not always fatal as there are ways to counteract their claim and he can win in Court. Up to them which way they go. But he has to get involved.

For instance where is the original PCN as we need to see it. There can be multiple things wrong with it which means they cannot pursue the keeper for example. If it has been thrown away we will have to wait until the Witness Statement from Highview or perhaps from the CPR that you sent.

• dx100uk changed the title to Highview/DCB(L) ANPR PCN claimform - Overstay - Catford Island Retail Park 2

Name of the Claimant :           

Claimants Solicitors: (if one is stated)

Date of issue – 04/08/202

What is the claim for –

Particulars of Claim

1. The Defendant(D) is indebted to the Claimant (C) for a Parking Charge(s) issued to vehicle xxxxx at Catford Island Retail Park

2. The PCN details are xx/10/20xx xxxxxxx

3.The PCN(s) was issued on private land owned or managed by C. The vehicle was parked in breach of the Terms on Cs signs (the Contract), thus incurring the PCN(s)

.4. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not. D is liable as the driver or keeper. Despite requests, the PCN(s) is outstanding. The Contract entitles C to damages.

AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1. £170 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages.

2. Interest at a rate of 8% per annum pursuant to s.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 from the date hereof at a daily rate of £0.02 until judgment or sooner payment. 3. Costs and court fees

What is the value of the claim?  £170

Amount Claimed  £224.20

court fees  £35

legal rep fees  £50

Total Amount  £309.20

Have you moved since the issuance of the PCN? (y/N - if Y state Date too)  N

Did you receive a letter of Claim With A reply Pack wanting I&E etc about 1mth before the claimform? Y/N + date and did you reply?  N

thread tidied

thank you 

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform

register as an individual on the Gov't Gateway Site
Go to HMRC's login page.

Click the GREEN sign in button.
Click “Create sign in details”
Enter your email address where asked.
You will now be emailed a confirmation code. ...

You will now be issued with a User ID for your government gateway account.
 note down your details inc the long gateway number given, you might need it later.

then log in to the MCOL Website

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

………….
get all paperwork off him and scan everything (bothsides) up to one mass pdf too please

dx

and they

Thank you for this information.  It will at least make it possible to file a defence early next month.

However, several things.

1.  You say a Letter of Claim was never sent.  Are you sure?  Or was it thrown away?  If the fleecers never sent a LoC then that can be included in the defence but it would be a disaster to state this if it wasn't true.

2.  In your first post you mention the date 20.10.2019 and again in the PoCs you write xx/10/20xx.  Is this the date of the PCN?  Then if so in the defence we can hammer the fleecers for deliberately waiting four years to pump up the amount of interest.

3.  We've asked four times (this is the fifth) to see the original PCN, the most important document.  Where is it?  Has it been thrown away?  If so the CPR - which should have been sent on 11 August - might get it back.  Otherwise he will have to SAR the fleecers.

Getting basic information about this case is like getting blood from a stone.  Obviously that's not your fault.  But your mate got himself in this mess, you come along as a Gift Horse to get him out of it and he still won't put any work in.  Everyone here is an unpaid volunteer and if your mate won't lift his little finger you'll find several of us deciding to do nothing too, and very soon.

EDIT  I see fro's thread is a carbon copy.  Catford Island - Highview - overstay - claim form.  Fro is exactly a week ahead with the CPR.  It's a very good idea to follow their thread so you know what'll be coming - or not coming - next.  Fro's overstay was 23 minutes, your mate's could be within the consideration/grace periods.  But we need to see the PCN.

Edited by FTMDave
Typo

4 hours ago, chinoky said:

The PCN details are xx/10/20xx

stop hiding details we need.

we need times/dates please

and they

Sorry the correct date is 20/10/2019.

I appreciate the help on this matter. I know the guy needs to pull his weight together. I have had words with him on multiple occasions.

The PCN is lost along with the letter of claims. Every letter before the claim form has been lost. He only knows his offense. I will read up on the other post and hopefully find some helpful info

Thanks again for all your help so far.

Understood.  Thanks.

Your mate and fro have the same defence date.  If fro hasn't received a reply to CPR by then, the next step will be for your mate to SAR the fleecers to recover the paperwork.  But there are 10 days yet. 

I decided to look up this post - I got a response to the CPR, they are making the request to their client and will provide in due course. The letter was dated the 18th Aug.

• Like 1

I see yesterday was the deadline to file a defence.  I take it that was done?

If by some horror it wasn't done we need the person in legal dispute - not chinoky, the person who has the claim against them - on the forum sharpish this evening.

not even logged in in over 2 weeks fat chance FTM.

and they

Well either chinoky has remembered to do the defence for his idle mate ...

... or his idle mate has succeeded in his goal of losing the court claim.