House sale going thru, but 2 Restriction k's, an AEO and some old debt **SALE COMPLETED NO ISSUES**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

thank you for your help previously.

I am now so close to exchange/completion and have been contacted by my solicitor to advise the buyer’s solicitors have now asked that the creditors are contacted to establish their requirements to remove the restrictions. 

My solicitor had previously advised this was not necessary and I have replied to say as such but Im now worried they’ll not wish to proceed and I’m not sure what I can do/say to get this resolved if the issue is the buyers solicitor?

simply ask them to read and understand the entry properly.

under the law it quotes, simply says that they should inform the restriction k holder upon sale. (disposition

however you could also point out that as that is a natural process which land registry does when they update the registry, there is (effectively) nothin they need to do. thats what most buyer conveyancers do in my experience.

there is no legal remit for them to contact before the sale.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you. I have replied I am just waiting to hear back. It is difficult when it is the buyers side so hoping my solicitor is able to get their understanding.

they want us to complete next week and I have also explained that doing as they request will delay matters so hoping they will agree. I just can’t settle with it being g out of my hands

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update. My buyer’s solicitor agreed with contact being made on completion. 

it’s been a stressful few days with this hanging over me and as we didn’t exchange until day of completion I was concerned it would crop up again, however it didn’t. All went through and we moved into our new home without having to pay anything to the creditors. 

thank you so much for your advice. Is there anything I need to do with the creditors now? Do I give them my forwarding address and could they possibly take any further enforcement action? 

thank you 

• Like 1

• dx100uk changed the title to House sale going thru, but 2 Restriction k's, an AEO and some old debt **SALE COMPLETED NO ISSUES**

as i said from post 2.. well done.

pers id go in and wind the sols up that was playing you around, just think of how many people shes made pay them in the past through bad advice she gives.

as for your debts, simply write to everyone informing them of your new address with ref to debt no. xxxxx ref original creditor xxxx debt type xxxxx.

restons are absolute fleecers and will probably threaten to murder your nan's budgie, bit in all  truth there is very very little HFC can do about. comeback here if you get anything you re not sure about. but above all do not ever respond to them check here 1st. carefully read the letters, they say every word but WILL!!.

hows this AOE going did you get that sorted too?

dont forget to also inform the dvla on each car and each driving licence SEPARATELY too that you have moved... you cannot do it in bulk . 

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you. 
I think I might, it’s shocking that they can give out incorrect advise and get away with it.

I haven’t done anything yet,

I had spoke to Intrum who have closed my account saying it’s statue barred (they were the last owners of the debt)

my HR have advised me to contact chaps to see where it’s being sent, which I will do now we have moved as I didn’t want to rock the boat. 

re:the dvla thank you, that’s my next job.

thank you for all your help