Robert Dyas missing parts in gym equipment order ..debit card dispute & return of item..

Salford lass
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 26/06/2023 at 02:30, Salford lass said:

Does this seem fair and legal?

It doesn't seem either of those things really. I understand it's frustrating, but large companies move slowly (despite their own '3 days' statement) and these sorts of issues are dealt with by people who really don't care about you or me.

If you end up getting your money back, either via the bank or via the vendor, you're not entitled to keep or dispose of their property on your own initiative. You may open yourself up to a claim of unjust enrichment if you do that.

If you're going to take that approach, I would advise them in writing at their head office, recorded delivery, giving all relevant details to help them identify you and your order, that you will consider the item abandoned and subject to disposal if they do not make contact with you to make arrangements for collection within 14 days, and I would count that 14 days from the point at which you can confirm the letter is received by their head office.

Frustrating as it is, I wouldn't say you can realistically try to hold them to a timeline you already know they won't meet.

• Like 1