Radio 4 Today programme this morning

martinwhite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry for not posting in the cuttings section, I can't seem to post there.

"Today" had a section at about 8:20 saying that the Competition Commission was heavily criticising Consumer Credit companies (i.e. the doorsteppers) for excessive interest rates and profits.

Has anyone contacted the Competition Commission regarding bank charges? Why can't I find a bank charging an ethical and legal amount, even allowing for the high figure quoted by the OFT?

I have had this thought too - Price fixing was my angle though. The charges are all broadly similar, and they ALL charge them - in some cases letters have been sent to customers outlining the charges as similar 'to our competitors'.

Surely this deserves investigation?

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Yes, I think that this is valid. Shall we start a mail campaign to the CC?

The fine line between "the going rate" and "price fixing" is a wobbly business indeed! Another angle might be regarding the consequences of complaining/claiming (i.e. account shutdown, credit ref problems) and the lack of a "white knight" to go to for future business.

If I complain about my mechanic because he overcharged me for a series of jobs, and he tells me to b*gger off and never come back (as some do) then I am at liberty to find another mechanic/garage who works more fairly. Who can bank customers go to? The one that unlawfully rips them off the LEAST?

Incidentally, have any of the banks reduced their charges yet in line with the OFT statement?

No, and I doubt that they will.

I have written to the OFT regarding my GF's account closure after they settled out of court.

Not heard back yet.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks