Mazda/Santander PCP - My 2 week old new car is faulty and dealership won't replace it.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum please continue to post here.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• dx100uk changed the title to Mazda/Santander PCP - My 2 week old new car is faulty and dealership won't replace it.

They have said that if I want this option, Santander would swap all the details over from the car now to the new car, when the new car arrives, but until then I would have to continue paying the finance on the cx5 that I still own, that is sitting in the workshop and un drivable (would you know if this is correct).  

I wouldn't think so you are not going to pay 3 months or longer for something you cant use I would of thought that they could suspend the agreement or void it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Mmmmm and do you think they will keep to that verbal offer once you have mad the full monthly payments ? I would want that confirmed in writing.

• I agree 1

Section 99 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sets out when you can voluntarily end an HP or PCP agreement. It covers both new and used cars. All car finance agreements have a 14-day cooling-off period. Your 14 days start on either the day that you sign your agreement or the day that you received a signed copy it, whichever happened later.