Trulawn/Technigrass LTD: S 75 Claim - contract dispute artificial lawn installation.

rizel23
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm jumping in here having only skimmed through the content of this thread.

The first thing that occurs to me is that you haven't mentioned the name of the contractor or his address. Is there a reason for this?

You haven't mentioned the identity of the credit card issuer/bank. Is there a reason for this?
I notice that you have actually been asked for this information but you don't seem to have responded.

The second thing is that I understand that you contracted for certain work to be carried out. You have written evidence of the specification which was agreed and the contractor implemented a different specification without any consultation or agreement from you.

You are now apparently seeking a refund based on section 75 CCA. This claim has been rejected. I understand that you are seeking a refund of the money spent but you don't seem to be addressing the cost of undoing the work and reinstalling the work to your original specification.

Have you received any quotations for this? (I'm assuming that this is what you would like to do) I notice that you have been asked what remedy you are seeking and I'm not sure that you have dealt with that question.

Why are you not suing the contractor directly?

You may well tell me that this is all been dealt with in the thread – and if it has then I'd missed it.

Maybe you would like to sum it all up here

• Like 1
  • I agree 1

• BankFodder changed the title to Trulawn/Techi Grass LTD: S 75 Claim - contract dispute artificial lawn installation.

I'm still waiting to hear why you are not examining the possibility of suing the contractor directly. I asked this question earlier but it hasn't drawn any response.

Whatever happens you will need to get a quotation for uninstalling the work which has been carried out incorrectly and then reinstalling the artificial grass to your original specification.
When you get that quotation, you can get the company which provides it also to comment on the installation so far and to include comments in respect of a comparison between your specification and what they find on the ground.
You should probably get two independent quotations and each quotation can also make references to the work which has been carried out so far with specific reference to the specification.

Once you do that, you will calculate your claim according to your actual losses which would be – cost of uninstalling and re-implementing minus originally agreed contractual price = the value of your claim

How about letting us in on the secret as to why you are not looking at the contractor as a possible defendant

• honeybee13 changed the title to Trulawn/Techni Grass LTD: S 75 Claim - contract dispute artificial lawn installation.
WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

Paul Robinson is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Paul Robinson and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and...

WWW.GOOGLE.COM

7 Reeth Cl, Leicester LE4 0SP

• honeybee13 changed the title to Trulawn/Technigrass LTD: S 75 Claim - contract dispute artificial lawn installation.
On 19/05/2023 at 15:28, BankFodder said:

How about letting us in on the secret as to why you are not looking at the contractor as a possible defendant

And what about the cost of making good ?

And also why aren't you suing the contractor?

Maybe you could tell us what you are actually trying to achieve

@Manxman in exile   

Thanks for the reference. I have already asked two or three questions from the OP and for some reason or other my questions are being ignored.

I don't think I can make any comments without the information I am asking for

On 17/05/2023 at 14:45, BankFodder said:

You haven't mentioned the identity of the credit card issuer/bank. Is there a reason for this?
I notice that you have actually been asked for this information but you don't seem to have responded.

The second thing is that I understand that you contracted for certain work to be carried out. You have written evidence of the specification which was agreed and the contractor implemented a different specification without any consultation or agreement from you.

I understand that you are seeking a refund of the money spent but you don't seem to be addressing the cost of undoing the work and reinstalling the work to your original specification.

Have you received any quotations for this? (I'm assuming that this is what you would like to do) I notice that you have been asked what remedy you are seeking and I'm not sure that you have dealt with that question.

Why are you not suing the contractor directly?

You may well tell me that this is all been dealt with in the thread – and if it has then I'd missed it.

Maybe you would like to sum it all up here

On 19/05/2023 at 15:28, BankFodder said:

I'm still waiting to hear why you are not examining the possibility of suing the contractor directly. I asked this question earlier but it hasn't drawn any response.

Whatever happens you will need to get a quotation for uninstalling the work which has been carried out incorrectly and then reinstalling the artificial grass to your original specification.
When you get that quotation, you can get the company which provides it also to comment on the installation so far and to include comments in respect of a comparison between your specification and what they find on the ground.
You should probably get two independent quotations and each quotation can also make references to the work which has been carried out so far with specific reference to the specification.

Once you do that, you will calculate your claim according to your actual losses which would be – cost of uninstalling and re-implementing minus originally agreed contractual price = the value of your claim

On 20/05/2023 at 15:47, BankFodder said:

On 22/05/2023 at 22:12, BankFodder said:

And what about the cost of making good ?

And also why aren't you suing the contractor?

Maybe you could tell us what you are actually trying to achieve

please forgive me if I've missed it – but it seems to me that I'm not the only person who has had to ask it more than once for answers.

Once again, I have not been directly involved in the thread so I'm only skimming it and trying to play catch-up but now I understand that you haven't even paid anything to these contractors despite the fact that originally you said you had paid 50%.

I'm afraid that this thread is a bit of a garble and it would be nice to get the story briefly in a bullet pointed chronological order.

I really don't understand why you are beginning a section 75 claim against anybody if you haven't paid anything.
I also don't understand why you aren't dealing with the cost of undoing and redoing the work – but it seems that you are resolutely not doing it.

I also don't understand – as has been asked several times – why you aren't suing the contractor directly.

This thread has been going on for 10 days and really it is still all as clear as mud.

It will be really helpful if you would fully engage with this thread