style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm not against having a monarch as head of state - the alternative if we replaced iit with an elected presidency right now would most likely be President Boris Johnson - but couldn't care less about watching the coronation itself. I'm fine with it happening but can't be arsed to watch it myself. Watching the coronation on TV isn't an indicator of whether you would prefer King Charles or President Johnson as head of state.

And people at home in the streets chanting an oath of allegiance, apparently dreamed up by the Archbishop of Canterbury, is just too stupid for words and I won't be doing it. The Sun quotes someone (can't remember who) as saying that the sale of the worldwide TV rights in the Abbey will more than cover the other costs.

Most cost extimates seem to be complete inventions although it is promised costs will be published after the event.

I'm going to have a go at making the Coronation Quiche though, just for fun.

The original quiche on the Buckingham Palace website isn't very expensive to start with.

The Coronation Quiche | The Royal Family

Comparing Jack Monroe's it will be a bit cheaper as she substitutes cream cheese for double cream, peas for braoad beans, and omits the trarragon, but I wouldn't have thought there was that much in  it. The Guardian doesn't offer a cost comparison. Still, the more options the merrier I say!

Jack Monroe’s cheaper coronation quiche for the Big Help Out – recipe | Food | The Guardian

On 30/04/2023 at 16:08, honeybee13 said:

Please let us know how the quiche goes, Ethel. :) 

Well, I've had a go and it's turned out OK, but nowhere near as neat-looking as one the chef in the Buckingham Palace kitchens makes! How does she get her pastry so perfect.... envy, envy.  The King and The Queen Consort's Coronation Quiche - YouTube

Tastes good though, the tarragon works well.  Popular with all the family so looks like I'll be making it again...

Coronation_Quiche.pdf Coronation_Quiche_a.pdf

• Thanks 1