Backdoor CCJ CEL PCN - Herons Foods, Filey, YO14 9AQ

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi 

The signs at Herons food stores allow free parking for two hours. You should have received at least one PCN and a couple of reminders. After that four or more letters from their useless debt collectors followed by letters from their legal team one of which should have been a letter of claim advising you that they were taking you to Court.

Have you received none of them? For even if initially they got your address wrong, before going to Court they are supposed to check that they have the right address so the letter before court should definitely have been sent to you.

If you check in our Library you will find the Subject Access Request form. Please fill it in and send it to CEL. They have 30 days to reply and when they do you will see where all their paperwork has gone.

• honeybee13 changed the title to Backdoor CCJ CEL PCN - Herons Foods, Filey, YO14 9AQ

Ok now I understand. Another one of our members has has a similar experience. While the rogues did send him a letter advising him that if he didn't respond to their letter they would go to Court without  further notice.  They then did go to Court without telling him and he too got a ccj.

To me this is totally unacceptable. By all means take someone to court if they believe they owe money but you have to give them the  opportunity to defend themselves. 

When they send you the SAR will be able to see their original PCN to you which may not be compliant with the protection of Freedoms Act 2012 which governs the regulation of private car parks.

• I agree 1