Lowell and Overdales

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I understand that Overdales are another arm of Lowell. 

They have written to me regarding a debt that Lowell have for me. I have not engaged with Lowell.  Overdales have stated they will on Lowell's request, initiate legal proceedings if I do not reply to them and pay or set up a payment plan.

They give no date of how long I have to do this. Do they not usually give you a length of time to reply before doing this?

As of yesterday, I am now in the same boat as you as Overdales have threatened court action. I need to post my own thread for this but have not worked out how to do this yet.  I shall be following this thread too though.

that is different to my letter...mine just says lowell have instructed them to recover the debt and if I dont pay or set up a plan they will request the court to issue a county court claim. But no time limit to when I should contact them. 

Lowlifes are a litigious bunch, but soon slide back under their rock when they meet even a modicum of resistance.

Ignore them until they send you a letter of claim, then pop back here.

They even go as far as sending you a fake court document that they have filled in, in a final attempt at intimidating you into coughing up money you don't owe, then the claim is stayed forever and a day until they think they can have another go at it, and the merry go round continues.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

When did the debt default? When did you make the last payment on it?, Have you moved address since taking the debt out? How much is it for and who is the original creditor?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

This is overdales solicitors. The debit is from 2019 and there has been no contact from me, it was passed to lowell and I have not engaged with them. Now they have given it to Overdales Solicitors which is another arm of Lowell. But they give no date to reply by.

Edited by Ruby_Tuesday

what is the debt please?

when did you take it out?

look at your credit file, what is the defaulted date?

have you moved since 2019?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The most important question here, is Have you moved since taking out the loan? I say this because Lowell love an easy target, and if you haven't kept them updated with your latest address in writing, you are one big bulls eye. Do not be fooled by receiving letters to your current address, you can guarantee that the actual Claimform will go to an old address, and next thing you know there is a CCJ in your name.

Lowell's business model is to buy the cheapest, most unenforceable debts, for a few pence in the pound, secure in the knowledge that many of them will be an easy win, to an old address AKA Backdoor CCJ.  The very good news is that for the price of a first class stamp writing to Lowell, you can insulate yourself with a simple statement ' I  insert name, currently live at insert address.

Then to double insulate yourself, send Lowell a CCA request, they never come up with the goods. Do not pay them anything or contact them in any way, unless you receive a claimform (highly unlikely if you do the above), then you post on here for advice.

I have had 2 CCJ's from Lowell, learnt the hard way, went to an old address, but once I'd taken the advice here that never happened again.

• Thanks 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

pers i always suggest dont send a cca request until a claimform or letter of claim.. keep your powder dry.....

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 23/04/2023 at 09:14, dx100uk said:

what is the debt please?

when did you take it out?

look at your credit file, what is the defaulted date?

have you moved since 2019?

dx

and they

jdw or shop direct?

dx

and they

is this your very old one from 2009 or a new cat debt you've taken out since that one

i seem to remember you had 3 back all those years ago but you only remembered one jdw debt?

could this be the same debt, does the lowell ref number match?

dx

and they

it is from a purchase 2019, passed to lowell and now to overdales the solicitors. 

I'm just baffled that the letter from a solicitor has not got  reply by a certain date before we may or whatever proceed...

so just a threat-o-gram

good

await and see if they ever send a letter of claim with a reply pack wanting I&E etc etc

if they do comeback here as you must reply and we have examples

until/if they ever do simply ignore them

dx

and they